Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Since model year 2009 started building now almost two weeks ago, I'm sure we would have heard if it included MMI 3G. Since neither the 2009 A4 Avant (which came out earlier) nor any MJ2009 change lists include such a change, I am confident 2009 will not include MMI 3G - and I'm also pretty sure it is too big a change to happen in the smaller mid-model year change that happens circa November.

Actually, I agree it is probably too big a change to happen until an A5 facelift earliest and facelifts usually happen some four years into a new model.

So, nope, not happening anytime soon is my guess.

I'm still guessing that A6 facelift this fall might get 3G MMI. Then Q5. After that, who knows... maybe Q7 facelift next?

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
But then again AUDI is famous for constantly facelifting every model they make...
Actually, they have been quite consistent with a model lifespan of 6+ years and a midlife facelift a little over half past that.

Model year to model year small changes always happen (twice a year usually, circa week 22 and again Novemberish) for sure (and especially new extras become available as well as engine options), but I doubt a wholly revised MMI is in the cards pre-facelift.

Hey, anything can happen, but I really doubt it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts