Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
H All,

great to be here. I am a fairly new A5 owner, but I guess my car had some history.
I got it few months ago and it is A5 2009 2.0TFSi quattro dsg model.
It was modded with oem S5 FL parts (lights, bumpers, exhaust, grill, breaks, interior).

I got it badly broken after brutal tuning - I exchanged many thing including:
  • whole new engine (refurbished with oil issue fixed)
  • new turbo (got a K04-64 hybrid)
  • new injectors (S3)
  • fixed fried TCU, applied mechatronic fixes

I also did few changes to exterior and interior:
  • new TT RS style 255/35/19 rims (Pirelli Sotto Zero for winter and P Zero for summer)
  • 10,25' Android 10 touch screen with full key\steering wheel mapping (works great)
  • some fake carbon addons to protect door handles from kids
  • diamond custom fake leather carpets (not Aliexpress)
  • lights upgrade (full led everywhere, semi-dynamic tail lights, side mirror dynamic blinkers etc.)
  • changes to exhaust (decat and additional exhaust manifold with remote installed)
  • sprint booster installed
  • new plastidip red dark paint on sideskirts and spoiler
  • 3.0 biTdi IC installed with bigger intake (stock box with pippercross filter)
  • Ecu and Tcu tune

Currently car is running safe stage 3 tune doing 350hp and 470Nm with pretty flat curve from 2500 to 5500rpm (doing below 5s 0-100 and about 12s 100-200km/h on 100 octane fuel).

Please let me know your opinion, feel free to ask any question and let me know if you have any suggestions for the future.

Attachments

·
Registered
Audi A5 f5 3.0 TDI Quattro S line S tronic Virtual Cockpit Driving assist pack
889 Posts
Very nice work in upgrading to the FL version! And impressive build!

looks really good and very impressed with the build overall, the oil consumption is a killer when I had it!

The power you got from a 2.0Tfsi is insane, I wish I pushed my car that far back in the day! Only did stage 1 haha!

upgrades wise you’ve pretty much touched on everything there is! Unless it’s things like 034 trans mount big brake kits etc etc

Welcome to the forums!

~Alex

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Very nice work in upgrading to the FL version! And impressive build!

looks really good and very impressed with the build overall, the oil consumption is a killer when I had it!

The power you got from a 2.0Tfsi is insane, I wish I pushed my car that far back in the day! Only did stage 1 haha!

upgrades wise you’ve pretty much touched on everything there is! Unless it’s things like 034 trans mount big brake kits etc etc

Welcome to the forums!

~Alex
Thanks man!
I got a car with blown engine and broken turbo and it was just cheaper to get new engine with warranty. For the moment I am running millers cfs 5w40 nt+ oil (it was recommended as the one that goes well with such builds). I just added 0.2l after 2500km running this tune, but I guess it is normal for TFSI :)

I was thinking about changing to bigger breaks in the back as they look a bit small now (I got stock S5 breaks). I also need to sort exhaust as I have stock S5 end (very silent and also kills some power). Adding some spacers might also help a bit. I will keep you updated :)

·
Registered
Audi A5 f5 3.0 TDI Quattro S line S tronic Virtual Cockpit Driving assist pack
889 Posts
Thanks man!
I got a car with blown engine and broken turbo and it was just cheaper to get new engine with warranty. For the moment I am running millers cfs 5w40 nt+ oil (it was recommended as the one that goes well with such builds). I just added 0.2l after 2500km running this tune, but I guess it is normal for TFSI :)

I was thinking about changing to bigger breaks in the back as they look a bit small now (I got stock S5 breaks). I also need to sort exhaust as I have stock S5 end (very silent and also kills some power). Adding some spacers might also help a bit. I will keep you updated :)
I had the Miltek Quad Exhaust non-resonated cat back and to be honest it still wasn’t loud enough for me, so I went ahead and removed the mid silencer box and fitted a very small and thin silencer from eBay, which really accentuated the gurgling and popping when foot down! Definitely worth the exhaust sound ✌🏻😍

I had EBC brake discs dimpled and grooved in the fronts and Mintex drilled and grooved at the rears, which was enough stopping power, but online I’ve seen so many big brake kits for the B8 model so I’m sure you won’t be dissapointed! 😁

let us know your upgrades in the near future 👍🏻
~Alex

1 - 4 of 4 Posts