Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New member saying hi... *now with pics*

Hello all, new to the site, had a search through some posts etc and decided to join as this looks like a great site with some great people and good advice.

I have just done a deal on an 8month old A5 Sportback as we have a baby on the way so the BMW E92 coupe had to go! collect the audi next friday, cant wait!!!

:cheers:

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Welcome to the A5osh :) Congrats on the car and the baby, what spec/colour is it? The car I mean hehe

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello mate, its a MY11 2.0L TDi(170) S-line in Ibis white, with black milano leather - heated and lumbar, bluetooth, Bang&Olufson, tech pack - high (hdd sat nav/AMI/cruise control), parking sensors - rear, xenon's and climate control etc, think iv covered everything there!

I was looking for quite a while for one that ticked all my boxes and i finally found it. Oh except the alloys, it had standard 18s on but i wanted the 19' 5-segment jobbies, they said they are £4k with tyres through there parts dept!!!:yikes: - i made them a deal-breaker and after a lot of phonecalls and visits to the manager:swordfight: the saleswoman eventually got them thrown in!! well chuffed.

Also got the (return to invoice) GAP insurance term doubled to 4years and £100 off down to £429, a ridiculously low finance rate of 3.(something?)% and 2 years free servicing.

Bring on next friday!!

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Good work! Certainly is a buyers market atm heh
Nice choices and options, will make the transition from the e92 pretty painless im sure :) not long to go now! Can't wait til i can say the same heh

·
Registered
142 Posts
Thats a deal to be proud of I would say!! :) Welldone! and congrats on the baby :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
ok, had the car a weekend now, wow wow and wow! in that order! as a nice billy-bonus i saw a dvd icon in the mahoosively complicated menu so i put one in the slot and it plays!! when i took it for a test drive i asked if it plays dvds and the answer was no! lol.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Congrats, nice motor, shame there some sort of comfort blanket across the rear seats ;)

Cheers

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cheers fella's, loving the new car!

(ps, mulski could you do me a favour, im looking to edit a few bits with vag-com, if i can bloody get hold of one! - could you give me instructions on VIM/rear DRL/headlight wink?)

Cheers.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Congrats. I'm sure there will be plenty of Vagcom cables at the Donnington meet. Bring it along there if you can wait that long!

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Hello all, new to the site, had a search through some posts etc and decided to join as this looks like a great site with some great people and good advice.

I have just done a deal on an 8month old A5 Sportback as we have a baby on the way so the BMW E92 coupe had to go! collect the audi next friday, cant wait!!!

:cheers:
Great to see another 'ex BMW' A5 owner. Hope you enjoy it.

Cheers

RG

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,149 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Congrats on car! I'm sure you'll enjoy!

44.8mpg....I'd like figures like that!
He clearly lives on top of a hill and took that reading when he reached the bottom!

At least that's how us V8 boys choose to see it!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
lol didnt do that on purpose! and just to rub salt in your v8 wounds i regularly get 50ish on a 25mile country road run to work!! love it.

(would rather be thrashing a v8 tho - wallet says no!)

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
lol didnt do that on purpose! and just to rub salt in your v8 wounds i regularly get 50ish on a 25mile country road run to work!! love it.

(would rather be thrashing a v8 tho - wallet says no!)
That's where the 3.0tdi Quattro scores. Not far off S5 fun and not far off (often better IMHO ) 2.0 Tdi fuel economy.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts