Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, recently got myself a 2015 S5 (auto) and loving the car!
A mate at work lent me his OBDeleven dongle to let me try and enable Audi Drive Select.
I have enabled all the relevant parts in the Green Menu and ran the 'one touch' apps on OBDeleven.
I can now select from Efficiency, Comfort, Auto, Dynamic and Individiual. When I select one it also tells me in the Driver Information Display that the mode has been selected.
The problem is that nothing seems to actually work. I think the easiest way to tell should be that my gear selection should show E1 - E7 when in efficiency mode and this is not the case.
I don't have access to VCDS so was thinking of upgrading the OBDeleven app to the pro version to look at the long coding.
Has anyone any similar experiences of this with enabling Drive Select and able to offer any suggestions as to why it isn't functioning?
Any pointers would be appreciated.
Alan.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just a follow-up on this. I managed to get ADS functioning using OBDELeven Pro version and doing long-coding.
However - I have never driven an Audi with ADS so am not certain it is working 100%.
I previously had a Skoda Octavia VRS DSG and when using economy mode on it if I tok my foot off the accelerator the gear would change in the Driver display from E6 to just E. This dropped the revs right down as the car was coasting.
I can definitely see the shift points have changed in my S5 and it reaches E7 gear much quicker - but it doesn't seem to coast.
Can anyone with ADS tell me if your car coasts as I describe? Do the revs drop right off and the gear displayed change?
As I say - I believe the ADS is functioning to a certain level but as I have not driven a car with this enabled before I wanted to check that it is performing at its best.
I appreciate any further info on this

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.