Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2023 Audi A5 Cabriolet 40 TDI Quattro
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning all,

Been lurking here for a short while, but thought I’d say hello seeing as my A5 cab is supposed to arrive in the UK in the next few days (hopefully!).

Ordered an A5 Cab S line 40 TDI quattro in Navarra Blue, and I’m probably more excited to pick this up than any car I’ve had previously.

Got a quick question, does anyone know if Cabs are coming into Grimsby or Sheerness now as I’ve been tracking marine traffic for a while now and haven’t seen a single ship bound for Grimsby yet.

Cheers,
Andy

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I’m curious if anyone had this happen. So on the 14th of July my car was fully built and initially I was told I could pick it up end of July.
Beginning if August I was told by both my garage and Audi UK that it is at Emden waiting to be shipped still.
Today I was told by Audi UK that it was still in production, and after I told them that it should have been finished on the 14 of July, they said that it is actually fully built just delayed and still at the factory..???
Haven’t heard anything back from the garage yet but I’ll try phoning again tomorrow.

I don’t know what to believe anymore to be honest. Has anyone had their A5 cab recently? Or has anyone been through this?

Thanks,
Andy

· Registered
2 Posts
Hi
Was speaking to a salesman last week and he said that they wouldn't be getting any new Audi's in until next year.
They are still having chip supply issues and now wiring loom issues with the war in Ukraine.
Don't know if this is all models.
Get ready for some excuses.

· Premium Member
3,818 Posts
ANY excuse is good these days from Brexit to Putin to whatever......

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Currently I’m not getting any excuses just not enough info. I did however get a screenshot of the order status page from the garage yesterday and under status it does say “in transit (to ship)”. I’ve been assured by the salesman that it’s fully built and waiting to be shipped from Emden. It seems it hasn’t moved at all in a month now so a bit strange but fingers crossed.
I will however call Audi UK on my lunch break again and see if they have any updates.
Fingers crossed!

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well quick update, got the car Monday evening and I’m loving it so far! Unfortunately still having issues with the myAudi app, and Audi customer service escalated it today.
Thanks for having me here and listening to my rants haha.
Here’s some photos:
Car Vehicle Wheel Tire Vehicle registration plate

Car Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle Tire

1 - 8 of 8 Posts