Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

Been reading the forums for quite a bit - so time I registered and said "hello!"

This is a really cool place. Everyone seems really friendly - no bitching and a common love for the 4 ringed machine...!!

Well, just ordered mine:

A5 2.0tfsi Sport
Multitronic
Quartz Grey
B&E
DAB
AMI
19" Y's
Interior light pack
Advanced key
Heated seats
Hill hold
DVD Sat Nav
Parking plus
Cruise
Bluetooth Phone - Low
Folding mirrors
Tyre pressure monitor

I've been told to expect a Jan '09 delivery, but a possibility of December, maybe even late November.

To be honest, I hope it's Jan, as if it comes in Nov/Dec, I think it would be worth waiting to get it registered in 2009...what do you guys think?!!

Wait 6 weeks for a 2009 reg "58", or just do it anyway in 2008...

How much difference do you think it would make?!

Thanks guys...nice to be here!

·
Registered
953 Posts
Welcome mate. Glad to have another 2.0TFSI on board!

I'm in the same position as you in that mine is due to be delivered in January. If it came in December I would gladly take it though as I want the damn thing now! :D

·
Registered
337 Posts
Good choice.

As far as when to take delivery is concerned, I can't see it making much difference in resale value 3 years or so from now. Looks at a Glass's guide and check if similar cars have a bigger monthly drop from Dec. to Jan.. I took my car in August on an '08 plate because I managed to negotiate a better deal ( 9% discount ) to help the dealer meet their sales target. Maybe you could try this for a pre2009 delivery ?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys....

I know what you mean...! I think I'll be that desperate to get my grubby hands on it if it arrives in December, that I'll just get it reg'd then...!:)

The dealer matched an internet price I'd got anyway, which was about 9%, so I was happy with that.

Looking at the residuals at the moment on other engines, I thought it was definately worth paying the extra and getting the colour and spec I wanted. I know I would have regretted buying a second hand one which didn't have "one of the toys" I've ordered!!

Hopefully, being a new engine, the 2.0tfsi engine cars wont depreciate as quickly as the other engines for a year or so. Who cares anyway - it's only money eh?!

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Welcome to the forum Nick,

Even getting your motor in Jan I think you're going to find it difficult to wait :D. I've paid the price with my impatients and now have a less economical slower car. On the bright side I get to drive an A5 everyday :D.

Rob

·
Registered
953 Posts
Thanks guys....

I know what you mean...! I think I'll be that desperate to get my grubby hands on it if it arrives in December, that I'll just get it reg'd then...!:)

The dealer matched an internet price I'd got anyway, which was about 9%, so I was happy with that.

Looking at the residuals at the moment on other engines, I thought it was definately worth paying the extra and getting the colour and spec I wanted. I know I would have regretted buying a second hand one which didn't have "one of the toys" I've ordered!!

Hopefully, being a new engine, the 2.0tfsi engine cars wont depreciate as quickly as the other engines for a year or so. Who cares anyway - it's only money eh?!
Yep, I totally agree with you. Seeing as I am paying so much for a car I want it to be in the colour I want with the options I want, rather than having to make do with something that isn't exactly right.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Welcome and congrats on soon becoming an A5 owner!

·
Registered
479 Posts
Welcome Nick,

Good colour choice:D

You have gone to town with a great spec but didn't fancy xenons and DRL's then?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Booster.

You are a man of considerable taste I see...;)

Didn't think xenons were worth the extra cash. Had to stop spending the cash somewhere otherwise the options would cost more than the car...!!

·
Registered
479 Posts
Good point!!!

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
welcome to the club :)

we are planning on having a meet so get your dates in, even if you dont have your car come along should be a good weekend :D

·
Registered
953 Posts
Hi Booster.

You are a man of considerable taste I see...;)

Didn't think xenons were worth the extra cash. Had to stop spending the cash somewhere otherwise the options would cost more than the car...!!
Same for me. I had the choice of going for a Quattro or omitting some of the options inside. Seeing as I doubt i'll need the 4WD of the Quattro and I would miss some of the comforts inside on a long journey, my choice was simple.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Highrisedrifter

As a matter of interest...did your dealer know the exact difference between HIGH and LOW bluetooth for your car.

I notice you have high. I was going to get that, until I asked around a bit and found out what the difference really was.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Highrisedrifter

As a matter of interest...did your dealer know the exact difference between HIGH and LOW bluetooth for your car.

I notice you have high. I was going to get that, until I asked around a bit and found out what the difference really was.
Yeah he explained it to me and I decided then and there that is was more useful than the LOW, but to tell you the truth I can't remember what the hell he said now!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I was told that the HIGH takes a "photocopy" of your sim card basically, and once paired up, the car effectively "becomes" the phone. Ie: you make a call using the car as a transceiver using it's power and your mobile is effectively not using any power to make the call at all. The LOW option is using the phone to make the call via the car system, therefore using the battery alot more as blue tooth is being used all the time as well as transmitting the call data.

I don't make too many calls in the car, so I don';t need the battery on my phone to be preserved, therefore, I didn't go with "HI" option

...at least - that's what I was told the difference was...!

·
Registered
552 Posts
eh?!
Congrats on the order and that is the model I am looking at getting. Would you mind advising which Internet dealer is currently offering 9% discount? Thanks.

·
Registered
953 Posts
I was told that the HIGH takes a "photocopy" of your sim card basically, and once paired up, the car effectively "becomes" the phone. Ie: you make a call using the car as a transceiver using it's power and your mobile is effectively not using any power to make the call at all. The LOW option is using the phone to make the call via the car system, therefore using the battery alot more as blue tooth is being used all the time as well as transmitting the call data.

I don't make too many calls in the car, so I don';t need the battery on my phone to be preserved, therefore, I didn't go with "HI" option

...at least - that's what I was told the difference was...!
Yep! That's it. That's what he said. As I expect to make quite a few calls in the car I thought that the high option was better. I'll need it for work.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi Mactrack

There are a number, and they seem to be a bit fluid on prices.

I found the best price on www.uknewcars.com

A mate bought from them and they were fine.

I bought an A4 Cab from Broadspeed in 2004. They were very good then. Now - they are not so good. Didn't even bother returning my call for a spec/price.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sounds like the option to have then, highrisedrifter. I just didn't think it was worth the extra £200ish. Helped offset the 19" Y's!!

·
Registered
953 Posts
Yeah I thought about the Y's. I'm hoping I can get them as an after market option from the dealership. That way I will have a set of Winter and Summer wheels.

But then again I have my eyes on three different sets of wheels. I'll see which I prefer neared the time I think.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts