Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Morning Everyone,

I am currently in the process of putting together my new ride, still very discombobulated on whether I am looking to purchase the A5 or S5, when I spoke to the dealer last week he indicated that the S5 might have to much power for a girl like me, but I think it is because he wanted to make the sale and he will not have an S5 available till after the fall. So we shall see what I will do and I have my fingers crossed that it will happen soon. From what I was told the dealer will say anything and everything to make sure he makes a sale. Yes, this will be my first purchase without the assistance of my father...lol

From the reading the posts it seems that a lot of you have been waiting months to have that FIERCE beauty in your possession.

Chanel

·
Registered
463 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I don't believe in that "it's too much for me". If you like it better go for it :) You can always make the order and while you wait you can search other dealers to see if they have someone who gave up on their orders, so you can jump in the line and get it faster.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hi Eyes and welcome. If you enjoy driving, shifting gears, hearing a sound like no other, and owning the best, you are on your way to an S5 of your own.
S.

·
Registered
206 Posts
ps

Tell Joe I sent you; you can trust him...and trust the force.
S.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Stavros,

Thanks for the reply and also who is Joe? Where is he located and where are you in Michigan? Thanks hope to hear from you soon.

Also, Xpl0d thanks for the comment also :)

CRS

·
Registered
206 Posts
All, Joe is at Audi of Rochester Hills. I a live in the virtual world, but he is a real guy, trustworthy, knows his Audis, and won't steer you wrong. Tell him I sent you.
S.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Chanel Here in the UK the A5/S5 is very rare at the moment, whenever I go out in it people stare all the time. Get your order in pronto its a long wait for a factory order.

Paul

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am currently in the process of putting together my new ride, still very discombobulated on whether I am looking to purchase the A5 or S5, when I spoke to the dealer last week he indicated that the S5 might have to much power for a girl like me, but I think it is because he wanted to make the sale and he will not have an S5 available till after the fall.

Chanel[/QUOTE]

That's such a load of BS Chanel. It is NOT too much power for a 'girl.' What an insult! This 'girl' just picked up her S5 on Monday, and if you can get your hands on one of these things, by all means, get the S5! You will end up needing a 12 step program, because you will fall in love with your car! LOL! It truly IS that special, and I'm coming from 11 years of BMW ownership, including an '02 and '05 M3. Needless to say, the M3 sits in the driveway now and the S5 gets all of the attention.

Good luck, though, as my dealer (in Chicago) told me that he can't take another order for one until 2010! The 2009 list is full already. And he also said that the S5 is going for 90,000 Euro in Europe, so Audi is limiting the already limited supply of these things in the US. Can't blame them. If they can get 150K (US dollars) for them in Europe, why send them to the US, where the ailing dollar only gets them between 50-70K? He also told me that I could drive the S5 for a year and sell it for what I paid for it because they're going to be in such limited supply. But if you can get your hands on one, do it! You won't regret it!

Good luck!

Deb M.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am currently in the process of putting together my new ride, still very discombobulated on whether I am looking to purchase the A5 or S5, when I spoke to the dealer last week he indicated that the S5 might have to much power for a girl like me, but I think it is because he wanted to make the sale and he will not have an S5 available till after the fall.

Chanel

That's such a load of BS Chanel. It is NOT too much power for a 'girl.' What an insult! This 'girl' just picked up her S5 on Monday, and if you can get your hands on one of these things, by all means, get the S5! You will end up needing a 12 step program, because you will fall in love with your car! LOL! It truly IS that special, and I'm coming from 11 years of BMW ownership, including an '02 and '05 M3. Needless to say, the M3 sits in the driveway now and the S5 gets all of the attention.

Good luck, though, as my dealer (in Chicago) told me that he can't take another order for one until 2010! The 2009 list is full already. And he also said that the S5 is going for 90,000 Euro in Europe, so Audi is limiting the already limited supply of these things in the US. Can't blame them. If they can get 150K (US dollars) for them in Europe, why send them to the US, where the ailing dollar only gets them between 50-70K? He also told me that I could drive the S5 for a year and sell it for what I paid for it because they're going to be in such limited supply. But if you can get your hands on one, do it! You won't regret it!

Good luck!

Deb M.[/QUOTE]

Deb,

Thank you so much for the info, and yes I was slightly insulted as well. I classify myself as a female that can handle anything despite my size. But yes, I am still up and down about both but hopefully soon I will be able to get myself into this car and feel like a total hot A*s too. Congrats on your car hun.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Thank you so much for the info, and yes I was slightly insulted as well. I classify myself as a female that can handle anything despite my size. But yes, I am still up and down about both but hopefully soon I will be able to get myself into this car and feel like a total hot A*s too. Congrats on your car hun.
I just re-read your original post - I would tell that dealer and/or that salesman to go fly a kite (actually, a lot worse than that).

If I have any bit of a negative experience with a dealer I just say "goodbye" and never go back in there. There are too many other dealers out there that will happily take your money, and will give you a better overall experience.

Sorry to rant, but that just irritates me. I had a similar thing happen when I was 17 and bought my first new car, two of the dealers treated me like a dumb kid who couldn't buy a car, and I walked out on both of them until I finally found someone that would work with me. (I may have been dumb, but they don't need to be jerks about it).

Anyway, maybe I'm just too quick to pull the trigger on that stuff and you have more patience, but that's just my opinion. Salesman was way outta line with that comment.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts