Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi there everyone. I didn't know this site existed, I just followed a link from the VWaudi forums. Like those forums, I think I shall be spending a fair bit of time here. Pleased to meet you all.

I ordered an A5 2.0TFSI Sport Multi in Phantom Black over the weekend from my local Audi dealership. It has Satnav, MMI, Advanced Key, Xenons with adaptive Lighting, Black Milano, Heated front/rear seats, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold and Phone Prep-High. I'm really stoked to be getting this in the relatively near future, to be honest. I feel like a little kid at Christmas! :)

I've been given a build time of October for deliver anywhere from early November to early January.

The wait will absolutely kill me. I'm curious as to why the delivery is so far away from the build time, I guess it's to do with demand maybe?

Cheers all

HRD

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Welcome Highrisedrifter,

When you get a build date you should get the car within a month maybe less, think mine took 3 weeks after being built. Just bug your dealer for the confirmed build date and month after is likely delivery date.

Rob

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Congratulations and welcome! I know exactly what you mean about feeling like a kid at Christmas. :)

·
Registered
821 Posts
Hi HRD...... Welcome to the Forum :)

Any wait is too much for me, i took the easier route and got an ex-demo car, i had to wait a whole 4 Days :D

Have you seen many about in your area ??

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the welcome, everybody.

Have you seen many about in your area ??
I've seen two on the road so far. None in my area at all. One was Meteor Grey which looked OK, the other was similar to the one I am getting, a Sport in Phantom Black. That one looked pant-wettingly gorgeous and just confirms my choice as being a good one.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
After barely scratching the surface of the forums (which has some amazing information in it, thanks guys) I now want to alter my DRLs to no longer dim when using indicators and no longer dim on side light setting.

I am intrigued as to what the 'Lap Time' fucntion is too please?

I've bookmarked the thread that talks about how to enter the hidden menus via the car/setup function on the Satnav/MMI and i'm keen to try it when I get my A5.

There are loads of threads about what people have done to modify their vehicles (from a software point of view rather than physical mods) and I'd like to ask advice on what things you would all recommend for anyone getting an A5 that would make life easier or more fun (like the lap timer and the DRL issue), please?

Thanks for lots of great info, it's really appreciated.

I'll continue to trawl the forums though, oh yes!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Guys, I have seen a few comments about the DRL being dimmed when indicators are on and how people want to disable that function. Isn't it a safety feature so people can actually see the indicators flash as the DRL's are really bright?

Sooner have dimming DRL's and not run into anyone :eek:

Oh, hi by the way, I have a 2.0 TFSI Sport on order for a couple of weeks now, yet to get a build date confirmed..... think its probably going to be a long wait.

Spec is

Brilliant Black
Light grey leather
B&O
Sat Nav
DAB
Xenon
AMI
Phone prep high
Heated Seats

Like the look of the exhaust trim, so thats a definite. I recently sold my 520D and BMW did the same initially with an unfinished exhaust pipe but finally got the message that its not acceptable on a "premium" car.

I think the S5 mirror caps do a lot to brighten up the darker cars too. Will consider that but slightly wary of dressing it up to look like something its not. Got to say though, with the 2.0 engine and the performance/economy/emissions combination the base model is a choice to be proud of and certainly not a poor mans A5.

Cheers

Andy

·
Registered
225 Posts
good to see the club is getting bigger:D will have to start planning a national meet next summer :rolleyes: I wonder how many we could get together with some planning:confused:

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Guys, I have seen a few comments about the DRL being dimmed when indicators are on and how people want to disable that function. Isn't it a safety feature so people can actually see the indicators flash as the DRL's are really bright?

Sooner have dimming DRL's and not run into anyone :eek:
Andy, the turn indicators can be seen just fine in broad daylight, even with the DRLs at full brightness. In addition to the blinking turn indicators in the headlight housings, there are also turn indicators on the side mirrors that blink. So, there are actually two orange lights that are quite visible from the front when indicating. IMO, there's no real issue with safety by getting rid of the DRL dimming function.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If my car is due to be delivered mid January, i'm toying with the idea of picking it up when the new '09 registration comes in on 1 March, rather then picking up one of the last '58 plates, this will help future residuals I think.

What do people think of something like this? Would a wait of six weeks and a different plate make that much of a difference?

·
Registered
479 Posts
There has been a thread about this recently.
To give you an example from this month's Glass's Guide:
S5 2007 57 plate trades at £34000
S5 2008 57 plate trades at £34,875
S5 2008 08 plate trades at £36,650

January to March is a long time to wait on top of the normal waiting time. Mine arrived at the dealer early august so it wasn't too bad.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
There has been a thread about this recently.
To give you an example from this month's Glass's Guide:
S5 2007 57 plate trades at £34000
S5 2008 57 plate trades at £34,875
S5 2008 08 plate trades at £36,650

January to March is a long time to wait on top of the normal waiting time. Mine arrived at the dealer early august so it wasn't too bad.
Having read my post again I think I didn't quite get across what I wanted to say. Many apologies.

I meant, if this choice was down to you, what would you do? Get the car six to eight weeks early or wait until the new reg comes out? It's more from a 'Will I be going cross-eyed wanting the car' point of view, rather than anything else.

Of course the residuals will be better in the long term, but seeing as I intend on keeping this car for a few years, it matters not really.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The dealer confirmed to me today that my car will be getting the new 3G MMI.

Plus I have been offered side skirts and a three strut low profile spoiler if I want it too. Not sure about the spoiler though. I'll have to find some pics.

<- Happy bunny

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.