Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all

Ordered my S5 last week will be here in early June :D . Found this site today so first post for me. Liked the thread about the clutch as when I took the car out for test drive thought it was pants driving on my part but got it right sometimes even in traffic through town but was inconsistent. Before my spec gets confirmed on Monday is it possible to get the S5 with tiptronic or am I being overly concerned re the clutch anti stall thing? Also do you chaps have a tracker fitted?

Currently drive a natty old 318i but for kicks ride Yamaha R1 but after driving this the R1 is now on sale :p

Dont sleep much now in anticipation of going down to collect the car so May is going to draggggggggg like a month has never dragged before.

Great site btw.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hello all

Ordered my S5 last week will be here in early June :D . Found this site today so first post for me. Liked the thread about the clutch as when I took the car out for test drive thought it was pants driving on my part but got it right sometimes even in traffic through town but was inconsistent. Before my spec gets confirmed on Monday is it possible to get the S5 with tiptronic or am I being overly concerned re the clutch anti stall thing? Also do you chaps have a tracker fitted?

Currently drive a natty old 318i but for kicks ride Yamaha R1 but after driving this the R1 is now on sale :p

Dont sleep much now in anticipation of going down to collect the car so May is going to draggggggggg like a month has never dragged before.

Great site btw.

Welcome PinkPanther.

Are you the same Panther from BM3W?

I thought the same about the anti-stall business when I drove one last month and was so concerned that I ordered a Tiptronic (there's one question answered), however, my Tip was delayed until July/Aug so I did a bit more reading and asked a couple of people who have got them recently and it seems to be toned down. A friend of mine got one a couple of days ago and it was there, but mild and totally fine in comparison. It only seems to be an issue when crawling and the engine thinks you might stall. If you are taking off with a clear road ahead, even at moderate pace, there is no problem. Even if it is a bit irritating in traffic, I think you can drive very easily starting in second.

A couple of guys here have it and it hasn't, to my knowledge, been a problem.

In short, I just ordered a manual :)

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Welcome PinkPanther, hows the spec coming along so far?

I think there might be a tip coming, i know there is for the 3.0TDI. Im sure someone will know and confirm it for you.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Welcome Pink Panther!

I'm now 2 days into ownership of a manual S5 after 18 months in an auto B*W. I too read the posts regarding the anti-stall thing but can't say I've noticed anything unusual when pulling away. I have stalled the car twice by forgetting about the clutch however (no evidence of anti-stall then!!) :eek: . I think the anti-stall may have been moderated on recent builds.

BTW I have Tracker (Monitor) fitted, although the insurance didn't stipulate on the S5 like they did on the BM*. More for peace of mind than anything.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No not Panther from BM3W Seamo just drive a natty old one until the S5 comes:p . Have ordered Solid Black, Black internals, Pearl Silver Seats, B+O, Parking Plus, Elec folding mirrors, heated front seats and cant wait. Tried the3.0 TDI sport first then the S5. Then went back a week later to make my mind up but just had to have the S5. Roll on June

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Hey Pink Panther... I see you're a Rutlander!!

...I'm from just outside Stamford and regularly see two A5s A Silver and a Grey, so welcome to the forum and I look forward to passing you (in the opposite direction, not overtaking!) on our great roads sometime!

Ian.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ahh you just noticed Ian lol. I reside in our countys great epicentre:eek: BUt I have not seen neither A5 nor S5 on our roads so I will keep an eye out for you when out and about (from June that is) :D

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
...Ah well I'm on the periphery... (Frontier Land) I must admit, I'm usually in the Landrover when going your way, either to the tip or to Gates' nurseries!!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lol up to Gate's (for a cup of tea?) and the tip. This could be quite worrying as we to own a landrover and we also travel in that to the tip and Gate's: eek:. Also having read some of your earlier posts guess where we get our landrovers from.. you got it Melton. Spooky :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts