·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
298 Posts
I actually think it looks very nice. I don't like it enough to swap mine out for it, but if mine got damaged, I might seriously consider it.

Reactions: NikA5

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Fugly....

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I have to say I don't really like it.

·
Registered
318 Posts

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I modifed my stock grill and am happy with the results so far. At least it looks better than ABT's IMO, and was about 1/8 the cost.
So you're just gonna leave us hangin' like that? :eek:

I wanna see! I wanna see! :D

Of course, if you feel the car is not quite ready for primetime (as I like to say), then I can understand why you might not want to share a pic just yet.

·
Registered
318 Posts
haha sorry about that TXcarguy - I finally found this post again. For some reason I thought it was in the other Mods forum. The car looks different today as I've playing around with the location/size of the OOOO rings. Today, I put the original rings back in the center of the grill, where as previously I used the R8 rings (in the shots below).

Although the S5 is no R8 - This car was my inspiration.

and to a lesser extent the Shooting Brake.

Disclaimer: This look may not appeal to everyone and may be either a love it or hate it feeling. I purchased this anodized mesh from customcargrills.com and it's a thick heavy mesh - high quality, but I have since found Audi-type mesh and will be replacing it. I am also toying with the idea of putting the S5 slats back in but probably won't because my new look is no chrome/bling, especially with the wheels.

What it looks like at the moment:

So you're just gonna leave us hangin' like that? :eek:

I wanna see! I wanna see! :D

Of course, if you feel the car is not quite ready for primetime (as I like to say), then I can understand why you might not want to share a pic just yet.

·
Registered
483 Posts
haha sorry about that TXcarguy - I finally found this post again. For some reason I thought it was in the other Mods forum. The car looks different today as I've playing around with the location/size of the OOOO rings. Today, I put the original rings back in the center of the grill, where as previously I used the R8 rings (in the shots below).

Although the S5 is no R8 - This car was my inspiration.

and to a lesser extent the Shooting Brake.

Disclaimer: This look may not appeal to everyone and may be either a love it or hate it feeling. I purchased this anodized mesh from customcargrills.com and it's a thick heavy mesh - high quality, but I have since found Audi-type mesh and will be replacing it. I am also toying with the idea of putting the S5 slats back in but probably won't because my new look is no chrome/bling, especially with the wheels.
I think the R8 look looks great. Very clean and stylish. If you don't mind Quattrings, please share with us aprox how much does this mod (with the Audi mesh) cost?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Quattrings, you are definitely an "outside of the box" thinker when it comes to mods for this car. I always look forward to reading about and seeing your latest mods. You never rest! :) Thanks for sharing the pics!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Seifufu,

Thanks for the feedback. The mesh you see in the pictures will run about 70.00 shipped and
you can get the mesh here: http://www.customcargrills.com/products.asp?id=1

The mesh is high quality and one sheet of 48" will cover the entire grill if you want to do that. Another option for mesh is buying an RS grill and using the OEM stuff, except it will cost a bit more. I havent measure the RS4 grill but have a feeling the A5 has a larger grill. Maybe the RS6 grill would work, but it cant be inexpensive. If you have the time, patience, and are good with a dremel, you can easily do this yourself.

I think the R8 look looks great. Very clean and stylish. If you don't mind Quattrings, please share with us aprox how much does this mod (with the Audi mesh) cost?

·
Registered
483 Posts
Seifufu,

Thanks for the feedback. The mesh you see in the pictures will run about 70.00 shipped and

The mesh is high quality and one sheet of 48" will cover the entire grill if you want to do that. Another option for mesh is buying an RS grill and using the OEM stuff, except it will cost a bit more. I havent measure the RS4 grill but have a feeling the A5 has a larger grill. Maybe the RS6 grill would work, but it cant be inexpensive. If you have the time, patience, and are good with a dremel, you can easily do this yourself.
Thanks Quattrings. So let me get this straight, to achieve the R8 look that you have in the first pic, you don't have to remove the whole grille; you just have to "somehow" remove the black/chrome horizontal/vertical strips of plastic inside the grille with this new mesh? and it only cost $70?? I'd assume you'd need the R8 Audi rings too right? This mod looks awesome imo. I thought about replacing the A5 grille with the S5 grille, but decided against it b/c I don't want the S5 badge grille badge on an A5 and there really isn't anything else that can take its place (and I don't want to just remove the '5' and leave the 'S' either). But this R8 mod looks great; esp when it cost so little ;)

It'd be great if you can give more details about this mod :)

Actually, nevermind. I forgot that we can't legally do without the front license plate here in Ontario. Having a front plate defeats this mod... shucks.....

·
Registered
298 Posts
Seifufu,

OK, I agree, that looks damn good.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.