Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
941 - 960 of 973 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
See that is very confusing as to why your getting that as when I have nothing plugged in it'll show 0 devices.

I'd like to say the ami cable works an the Y cable maybe if your able to connect it and MMI detects Axis then that's all fine. An being hub support is on then it shouldn't really matter about what else could be connected but strange.

Do report back if you solve and if there are any other questions of things I could possibly answer that could help you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
See that is very confusing as to why your getting that as when I have nothing plugged in it'll show 0 devices.

I'd like to say the ami cable works an the Y cable maybe if your able to connect it and MMI detects Axis then that's all fine. An being hub support is on then it shouldn't really matter about what else could be connected but strange.

Do report back if you solve and if there are any other questions of things I could possibly answer that could help you.

Yeah, I'm stumped too. Thanks again, nyzrox. I will let you know if I ever get it working.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
48 Posts
Just curious was a 2G low solution ever figured out for this or am I looking at first replacing my system and then doing this?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yeah, I'm stumped too. Thanks again, nyzrox. I will let you know if I ever get it working.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Hi mavr1k,
I've had same problem as you and I ended up buying 4 different models of USB to Ethernet adapters and none worked. All of them with correct chipset.
The problem was the the AMI to USB cable (cheap eBay stuff... around $10). I've had to open up the AMI male connector (cable one) and add a 1k resistor between pin 21 and 22 to make it work and detect the Ethernet adapter.
I've had an AMI to Lighning and Aux cable, that I opened up and took the resistor from (it is attached to the pins already) and inserted to the AMI to USB (pin 21 and 22). It started right away. :wink2:
Hope that will solve your issue.

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi mavr1k,

I've had same problem as you and I ended up buying 4 different models of USB to Ethernet adapters and none worked. All of them with correct chipset.

The problem was the the AMI to USB cable (cheap eBay stuff... around $10). I've had to open up the AMI male connector (cable one) and add a 1k resistor between pin 21 and 22 to make it work and detect the Ethernet adapter.

I've had an AMI to Lighning and Aux cable, that I opened up and took the resistor from (it is attached to the pins already) and inserted to the AMI to USB (pin 21 and 22). It started right away. :wink2:

Hope that will solve your issue.

Hey bartty,
Thanks for this write up. Glad to know i wasn’t going crazy and i did have my wiring correct. :).
I will give this a shot. I do have a cheap ami cable i purchased on amazon. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
217 Posts
Hey bartty,
Thanks for this write up. Glad to know i wasn’t going crazy and i did have my wiring correct. :).
I will give this a shot. I do have a cheap ami cable i purchased on amazon. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Is very good info hopefully solves your issue for good.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Hi all, could somebody give me succestion what to try, as I dont see DHCP changes in MMI after script run.

What I have done:
/config/
“Install Fair Mode”: this will install dhcp server and DLinkReplacesPPP route.
Reboot MMI
Run script by SD card to configured the LAN gateway
Reboot MMI

Verify:
/config/console

---Routing Table---------------------
Destination Gateway Flags
default 192.168.1.1 UG

I donf have this default and IP what assigned.

Any ideas how to fix this ?

Thank you in advance

Change your router gateway.

If you can reverse the sd script. You should only need to install fair mode providing you setup the tp link correctly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
So I've been trying for a few weeks to get this working in my 2013 NA A4 and no matter what I do I can not get Audi Connect to reliably connect nor can I surf the internet using the in car WiFi. I have followed the steps at least 4-5 times and without fail the Audi Connect will sometimes connect but then other times it will not. I tried to pull my sim card out and that somehow triggered Audi Connect to connect on my way into work today, and once during lunch but now it will not even connect again. I have confirmed I have connectivity by connecting the Trendnet USB to Ethernet adapter and the TP Link 3020 into my computer, I was able to surf the next successfully. But as soon as I plug it back into the AMI to USB connector I get no internet on the incar WiFi and Audi Connect will not connect. I have upgraded the firmware on my TP Link 3020 to the OpenWRT hoping this would fix some of these issues, and it did initially but now its not. Something is telling me that inactive sim card is somehow interfering with the in-car WiFi as well as the connection through Audi Connect. I have run the resolve.conf script multiple times trying to get this to connect but it still doesn't work. At this point I'm beyond stumped. Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi!

(sorry about my bad english).

I would be really interested to upgrade my MMI 3G High (sim) to 3G Plus on my A5 2010. I really want google maps and real bluetooth stream (losing my mind with adapters). Can you guys please help me with OEM part numbers. What do i need to get? I also have B&O sound system if it means anything. And i also have Drive select buttons under the SD and sim card slots.

If i get 8R1035670(x) (last letter means only version, right?) what else i need?

- Jatama

·
Registered
1 Posts
I came across this thread about an hour ago and have not stopped reading since. I was wondering if someone could give me some input on what I should look into next. I'm new to this forum, but not new to VAG cars. Have a copy of VCDS and a degree in taking things apart to hopefully put them back together again- I just know very little about the MMI system.

USA 2010 Q5 with MMI 3G+ (has small black joystick) with AMI Port, Navigation, Bluetooth telephone connection (voice calls only).
My in-dash unit has two SD card slots- does not have a SIM card slot.

I am only interested in adding bluetooth audio streaming (A2DP) from my cell phone. From what I gather people might be doing two things in this thread to accomplish that:

1. Purchasing a new MMI control module (PN: 8R1035746A) with SIM card slot. Having an Audi dealer code it to their car. Now they have bluetooth streaming?

2. I was reading a lot about software updates. I'm lead to believe there must be a firmware/software update for this system that supports bluetooth audio streaming. I mean the thing can do phone calls.

Any advice or pointing in the right direction is appreciated. I was just happy to find a resource of people that had OEM retrofit answers rather than using a third party interface.

·
Registered
1 Posts
restart

hey, i send my video, please tell me what is wrong.

this same post nr 725

I've also done the MMI iPhone tethering build. However if my car has been off for a while (overnight for example), the MMI won't go online. After some troubleshooting I see the USB ethernet adapter (TRENDnet TU2-ET100) is connected and has an IP address. The TP-link is connected to my iPhone but there is no default route as gateway. If I unplug the USB ethernet adapter en plug it back in it works instant.iPhone tethering build. However if my car has been off for a while (overnight for example), the MMI won't go online. After some troubleshooting I see the USB ethernet adapter (TRENDnet TU2-ET100) is connected and has an IP address. The TP-link is connected to my iPhone but there is no default route as gateway. If I unplug the USB ethernet adapter en plug it back in it works instant.

So it looks like if the MMI is doing a cold start it can't find a default gateway. Does anybody has a solution for this?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Freeze + Reset

Hey, all, replying here to try to keep things in one place, but not sure where else to turn. I did the MMI 3G+ retrofit on my 2010 A5 Cabrio, and had component protection removed at the dealer. I matched green screens as best as I could between the old 3G High and the new 3G+, but for some reason, the MMI 3G+ will gradually slow to a crawl, freeze completely, and then automatically reset itself. It's driving me bonkers, and I'm not sure if it's due to the hardware being faulty, or if I have a setting somewhere that's gone awry. Before I start posting long coding and green screens, I don't want to do it if it's unhelpful. Anyone else run into this, and if so, how did you resolve it? Thanks!

Unit: 8R1035746D, running HN+_US_AU3G_K0814
Controls: 8T0919611L
CAN Gateway seems to be a known-good model number (8T0 907 468 AA), I did not replace the radio module. MMI buttons have been replaced.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Problem with Internet Connection

Hi Community

I wan't to install Online Services (Google Earth) on my Audi A4 with MMI 3GP. I have the MR3020 Router on WISP mode and installed it on computer with my iPhone Tethering. On Computer everything works fine.

When I connect the MR3020 with an AMI TO USB - USB TO ETHERNET (Trendnet TU2-ET100 V.5.0 / ASIX AX88772C Chipset) I get no Connection to Internet. (Get a look to my Screenshots).

Do you have any ideas, what I can do, that it works?

All the best and thank you very much.

Sined123

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone,
i have a problem...i read all post and still dont find solution for my problem. In Audi A8 2011 was this HN+_EU_AU_P0066 with Bose and i do update firmware from this forum version 942 for A8 with disabled sound and enabled green menu. Now is new firmware and new maps 6.26.1 instaled and activated and working normal but i cant find Google Earth in option where shoud be. There is only 2D, 3D... but no Google inside menu. When i do update i cheked and it was GEMMI marked with "Y" before update so its installed. After instalation i put working SIM card and i got 2G internet and it working. I try to check in green menu but i cant do anything to got Google option in menu. I got wifi option and everything else. In green meni there is Googleearth so i guess is installed right. So is it possible that this system have no Google earth or is something else problem?
Thank for any answare.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Actually it does.

I did add a default route (route add default x.x.x.x) via the sd script.

The guys that use the usb method also get a default route (automatically because of dhcp).

Normally there is no default route (in my case).

With the default route set, I can go online (ping any ip in the internet) from the mmi.

The problem with any 3g Hotspot is, that you can not easily configure it as a wifi client, what I think is needed to do the trick. With the raspberry you have everything in hand (also for debugging purposes).

My actual state is the following...I disabled the firewall but that did not help...still no dns names resolvable.

Next steps will be to gather access via telnet on the device (will try to swap the shadow file) and then test some other things from the console.

But I thaugt, there were others trying around with the raspberry like GSI16.

As already stated..any help is appreciated.
Hi dee! I've managed to implement the solution using MR3020 (OpenWRT) & 4G USB modem, with Wi-Fi in client mode. Unfortunately it is not always working, sometimes MMI takes the default route via DHCP (from MR3020), sometimes not. I would like to statically configure the default route on the MMI. Can you please share with me the script you've used to set the static default route on the MMI? Also is this persistent? Still in the MMI config after each MMI boot? Many thanks!

941 - 960 of 973 Posts