Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
921 - 940 of 969 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
I see what you mean. Thats the trendnet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'm not sure why it display that. But if you plug Ethernet adapter directly into ami cable and check USB page it should say axis and the chipset not cinterion like on yours I'm positive. As I say I will check mine in 20 mins or so and take all pictures of working screens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm not sure why it display that. But if you plug Ethernet adapter directly into ami cable and check USB page it should say axis and the chipset not cinterion like on yours I'm positive. As I say I will check mine in 20 mins or so and take all pictures of working screens.

Okay thanks.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Thats the other adapter. Will try that one now.

That chipset is same as mine the X in the middle is fine which means the car isn't recognise correct. Plug Ethernet directly into ami cable and check USB page again. Could be worth trying to power router off 12v cigarette lighter to confirm all working but I think problem is adapter not definite by car.

·
Registered
217 Posts
That's exactly correct. So now try power the router from the 12v cigarette lighter with a phone charger and see if it works.

As long as your seeing that MMI is recognise that adapter.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Give me couple more minutes sorry to keep you waiting will show you my whole setup of MMI. You've seen how my router and adapter is connected that hasn't changed still using the y cable.

No problem, take your time. Thank you for helping. Im gonna step out for an hour to get a few things for the house. Be back in a bit.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Ok so I was wrong I don't have a green light on while connected to the car don't remember if it was green when connected to the computer during original setup of pairing my phones tether to the router.

So here is a quick run down of my screens I can see and access at the moment.

As I have too installed google earth.

Here are my configuration in here screen.

Network configuration.

IP settings.

In order to get Audi connect displayed I had to uncheck all the boxes that say 'online'

I found just recently you see on my screen it displays the Google logo, before it didn't to get this if you don't check 'NAD Activation'

An finally as stated how my USB screen is display just like yours however I notice your screen displays 2 devices connected and when you had nothing plugged in it was snowing 1 device? Where as mine will show 0.

I have noticed ever since I have installed fair mode my vehicle no longer display cellular signal of my mobile device that is Bluetooth connected it'll just always display a telephone connected with full signal it only displays 3G when my phone isn't connected to the car.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thanks for the write up. Im gonna reference everything with my screens. Ill have to do it tomorrow. You are right about displaying 2 devices and when I unplugged the ami cable completely it still said i had 1 device connected. Im gonna check and make sure that its not my phone connected thru bluetooth. Ill let you know tomorrow when check it all out.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Thanks for the write up. Im gonna reference everything with my screens. Ill have to do it tomorrow. You are right about displaying 2 devices and when I unplugged the ami cable completely it still said i had 1 device connected. Im gonna check and make sure that its not my phone connected thru bluetooth. Ill let you know tomorrow when check it all out.

Good luck all the best.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Good luck all the best.

Okay so i compared everything and it seems like im good in the green screen. Except for the number of devices connected. You show 1 and i show 2. Its weird, if i use the 2port usb hub instead of the y cable it shows 3 devices connected.
Another thing is that max power in the usb green screen being used changed when i switched from one set up to the other.

If i use the 2port usb i get 100 mA max power.
If i use the Y cable like you i get 250 mA being used.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Okay so i compared everything and it seems like im good in the green screen. Except for the number of devices connected. You show 1 and i show 2. Its weird, if i use the 2port usb hub instead of the y cable it shows 3 devices connected.
Another thing is that max power in the usb green screen being used changed when i switched from one set up to the other.

If i use the 2port usb i get 100 mA max power.
If i use the Y cable like you i get 250 mA being used.

I don't know why but I never found jobs good on the ami and the y cable always went well.

Check green screen on USB tab with the ami cable removed if it's still displaying 1 device attached then I'm not sure what's going on.

I do remember to saying the ami cable wasn't genuine so if MMI shows nothing plugged in without that cable and when that's in 1 device maybe it is the ami cable after all.

Hope you resolve can't think of anything else.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yeah heres my screen with the cable plugged and unplugged. Its the same, doesn’t change. But it definitely says i have 1 device connected and its using 10 Ma.

921 - 940 of 969 Posts