Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
901 - 920 of 973 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Thats exactly what my green screen shows. So i have to be so close. Does your adapter have both amber and green light on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It looks from your screens you have been connected before which mine had but it wasn't reliable where it would power everything up properly until I used the Y cable.

Yes both lights on Ethernet are illuminated, I'm using a different adapter that runs the required chipset for the MMI which also happens to be the same chipset in your trendnet adapter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
Only amber light on. I dont get it cause when i try to use audi connect my phone starts tethering which tells me that the car is trying to pull internet from my phone. I don’t understand why it doesn’t work. .

·
Registered
36 Posts
Can it be my ami cable. I got it off amazon. Its not an audi official cable. Maybe it just not powering up the trendnet fully.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Can it be my ami cable. I got it off amazon. Its not an audi official cable. Maybe it just not powering up the trendnet fully.

Unplug it and go back into USB screen and it won't show what it does now.

It seems odd as from your statistics in pictures above it shows your vehicle has been exchanging data on USB Ethernet however....

I believe it's possible tour trendnet adapter isn't compatible with MMI, has it worked before as the vendor you show see is AXIS if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Green light has never been on while connected to car. Only when i connect to macbook. The chipset is the one used by the car. I have another ethernet adapter that uses the chipset too and i get the same problem.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Green light has never been on while connected to car. Only when i connect to macbook. The chipset is the one used by the car. I have another ethernet adapter that uses the chipset too and i get the same problem.

I will get a photo of mine in around 30 minutes. The information displayed on the USB screen isn't compatible with the MMI it only has drivers for a specific chipset which your device doesn't have.

MMI accepts only hardware with the following chipset: AX88772 AX88772A AX88172

901 - 920 of 973 Posts