Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
881 - 900 of 969 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Sorry, I've been too busy of late to look at this. Hopefully I'll get some time soon. Did you make any progress?

J

Indeed I have tried.

I have found an alternative way to archive this however it requires a bit of work and cloning a file from a MMI that has a current activates license.
If you need more info give me the PM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
407 Posts
Indeed I have tried.

I have found an alternative way to archive this however it requires a bit of work and cloning a file from a MMI that has a current activates license.
If you need more info give me the PM.
It wasn't the online traffic I was going to look at it was importing speed cam POI files. Will drop you a PM about traffic though, sounds interesting.

J

·
Registered
217 Posts
It wasn't the online traffic I was going to look at it was importing speed cam POI files. Will drop you a PM about traffic though, sounds interesting.

J

You know what I completely forgot about that but still have the links and would be really interested to get it sorted however in wondering if it'll display on Google Earth as my Google earth shows no POI which I believe is because the car isn't linked on myaudi due to it not having Audi connect from factory.

·
Administrator
407 Posts
You know what I completely forgot about that but still have the links and would be really interested to get it sorted however in wondering if it'll display on Google Earth as my Google earth shows no POI which I believe is because the car isn't linked on myaudi due to it not having Audi connect from factory.
Ah, didn't think of that, might display with GE turned off though.

J

·
Registered
36 Posts
I don’t know what I’m missing. I see that the car recognizes my d-link adapter. When i try to use the services like online destinations i get a try again cannot connect to services. I believe my connections are correct. Cause the car sees it. Now one thing i do notice is that the trendnet has only an amber light and no green light when connected to the car. When plugged to the macbook i get both lights on. Maybe its the ip address?
Idk.
Here are some pictures. Can someone thats been thru this please help out?
Text Technology Electronic device Font Multimedia
Text Screen Technology Electronic device Multimedia
Text Display device Screen Technology Electronic device
Green Text Computer terminal Font Technology
Text Technology Electronic device Display device
Text Technology Electronic device Font Multimedia

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
217 Posts
I don’t know what I’m missing. I see that the car recognizes my d-link adapter. When i try to use the services like online destinations i get a try again cannot connect to services. I believe my connections are correct. Cause the car sees it. Now one thing i do notice is that the trendnet has only an amber light and no green light when connected to the car. When plugged to the macbook i get both lights on. Maybe its the ip address?
Idk.
Here are some pictures. Can someone thats been thru this please help out?
View attachment 149513 View attachment 149521 View attachment 149529 View attachment 149537 View attachment 149545 View attachment 149553

Are you trying to archive this using 2 different types of USB to Ethernet adapter?

You won't get online destinations as your vehicle isn't registered with Audi as having Audi connect so your not paired with the car via the PIN supplied by MyAudi.

Are you able to use Google Earth an it download the satellite imagery fine?

Do you have Audi connect access eg fuel prices and parking etc?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Are you trying to archive this using 2 different types of USB to Ethernet adapter?

You won't get online destinations as your vehicle isn't registered with Audi as having Audi connect so your not paired with the car via the PIN supplied by MyAudi.

Are you able to use Google Earth an it download the satellite imagery fine?

Do you have Audi connect access eg fuel prices and parking etc?

Hey thanks for trying to help.
Im including a picture of my set.
Im using 1 two port usb To connect it all. I also tried that other double usb port thats in the picture and i get the same results.

In regards to online destinations i get it now. Thought that was part of the available options onces connected.

Audi connect not working. Just times out and says “the page could not be loaded”Weather an traffic i dont see options too. Hand Gadget Finger Gear shift Auto part
White Product Technology Electronic device Electronics
Finger Hand Technology Electronic device Gadget
Electronics Car Vehicle Technology Personal luxury car

·
Registered
217 Posts
Ok I think I can help.
It would seem as your saying when plugged into your Mac you get 2 lights on.

First of all goto green menu > USB.
Check the box for hub support if it's not checked.
Reset MMI and try again if your still not getting the light I would say the issue is the hub is dragging to much power and this not allowing the Ethernet adapter to power.

I tried 2 hubs with no sixes however a USB Y cable worked perfect as you only need 1 data connection the router only needs power.
Check my setup out.

881 - 900 of 969 Posts