Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm not sure why it display that. But if you plug Ethernet adapter directly into ami cable and check USB page it should say axis and the chipset not cinterion like on yours I'm positive. As I say I will check mine in 20 mins or so and take all pictures of working screens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
36 Posts
Give me couple more minutes sorry to keep you waiting will show you my whole setup of MMI. You've seen how my router and adapter is connected that hasn't changed still using the y cable.

No problem, take your time. Thank you for helping. Im gonna step out for an hour to get a few things for the house. Be back in a bit.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thanks for the write up. Im gonna reference everything with my screens. Ill have to do it tomorrow. You are right about displaying 2 devices and when I unplugged the ami cable completely it still said i had 1 device connected. Im gonna check and make sure that its not my phone connected thru bluetooth. Ill let you know tomorrow when check it all out.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Good luck all the best.

Okay so i compared everything and it seems like im good in the green screen. Except for the number of devices connected. You show 1 and i show 2. Its weird, if i use the 2port usb hub instead of the y cable it shows 3 devices connected.
Another thing is that max power in the usb green screen being used changed when i switched from one set up to the other.

If i use the 2port usb i get 100 mA max power.
If i use the Y cable like you i get 250 mA being used.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yeah heres my screen with the cable plugged and unplugged. Its the same, doesn’t change. But it definitely says i have 1 device connected and its using 10 Ma.

·
Registered
36 Posts
See that is very confusing as to why your getting that as when I have nothing plugged in it'll show 0 devices.

I'd like to say the ami cable works an the Y cable maybe if your able to connect it and MMI detects Axis then that's all fine. An being hub support is on then it shouldn't really matter about what else could be connected but strange.

Do report back if you solve and if there are any other questions of things I could possibly answer that could help you.

Yeah, I'm stumped too. Thanks again, nyzrox. I will let you know if I ever get it working.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi mavr1k,

I've had same problem as you and I ended up buying 4 different models of USB to Ethernet adapters and none worked. All of them with correct chipset.

The problem was the the AMI to USB cable (cheap eBay stuff... around $10). I've had to open up the AMI male connector (cable one) and add a 1k resistor between pin 21 and 22 to make it work and detect the Ethernet adapter.

I've had an AMI to Lighning and Aux cable, that I opened up and took the resistor from (it is attached to the pins already) and inserted to the AMI to USB (pin 21 and 22). It started right away. :wink2:

Hope that will solve your issue.

Hey bartty,
Thanks for this write up. Glad to know i wasn’t going crazy and i did have my wiring correct. :).
I will give this a shot. I do have a cheap ami cable i purchased on amazon. Lol

21 - 36 of 36 Posts