Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
594 Posts
Has anyone had any success with the online POI or adding custom POI using this method? I've just ordered the parts and am interested in getting the POI feature to work.

Thanks.

·
Administrator
594 Posts
Thanks for checking. It would appear that Audi use the car spec derived from the VIN to determine if a connection is possible. i.e. does it have the factory hardware....

I also see the "N/A" when I check the my.audi account with my VIN. I'm traveling at the moment so not had the chance to plug in my hardware to test. I thought I read somewhere that you could initiate the connection from the car side. I'll have to look into that, could be wrong.

One option I will try is the MMI update feature. I know this is possible on the 8V A3, that's how you would ingest the custom POI files from my.audi via SD card and the MMI update option is available on the 3g HDD MMI. There is a third party tool to build such POI files. I probably can't post links (new user etc) search for SpeedCameraToPoi on GitHub by mcaddy mcaddy github io audipoi This takes camera data from pocketGPS world and builds the POI files with out using the my.audi site.

Hopefully I'll get time to test this weekend.

·
Administrator
594 Posts
You could be correct with your TMC suggestion. I've read a lot of sites recently, some in german via google translate. Will have to find the site where I read it and double check.

Thanks for the connect user guide, I was looking for that just the other day...

J

·
Administrator
594 Posts
Indeed I have tried.

I have found an alternative way to archive this however it requires a bit of work and cloning a file from a MMI that has a current activates license.
If you need more info give me the PM.
It wasn't the online traffic I was going to look at it was importing speed cam POI files. Will drop you a PM about traffic though, sounds interesting.

J

·
Administrator
594 Posts
You know what I completely forgot about that but still have the links and would be really interested to get it sorted however in wondering if it'll display on Google Earth as my Google earth shows no POI which I believe is because the car isn't linked on myaudi due to it not having Audi connect from factory.
Ah, didn't think of that, might display with GE turned off though.

J

·
Administrator
594 Posts
You need a license file from a car with a working subscription. There is no other option unless the car was factory fitted with a SIM enabled MMI and you buy the subscription from Audi.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.