Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
I don’t know what I’m missing. I see that the car recognizes my d-link adapter. When i try to use the services like online destinations i get a try again cannot connect to services. I believe my connections are correct. Cause the car sees it. Now one thing i do notice is that the trendnet has only an amber light and no green light when connected to the car. When plugged to the macbook i get both lights on. Maybe its the ip address?
Idk.
Here are some pictures. Can someone thats been thru this please help out?
Text Technology Electronic device Font Multimedia
Text Screen Technology Electronic device Multimedia
Text Display device Screen Technology Electronic device
Green Text Computer terminal Font Technology
Text Technology Electronic device Display device
Text Technology Electronic device Font Multimedia

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
36 Posts
Are you trying to archive this using 2 different types of USB to Ethernet adapter?

You won't get online destinations as your vehicle isn't registered with Audi as having Audi connect so your not paired with the car via the PIN supplied by MyAudi.

Are you able to use Google Earth an it download the satellite imagery fine?

Do you have Audi connect access eg fuel prices and parking etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey thanks for trying to help.
Im including a picture of my set.
Im using 1 two port usb To connect it all. I also tried that other double usb port thats in the picture and i get the same results.

In regards to online destinations i get it now. Thought that was part of the available options onces connected.

Audi connect not working. Just times out and says “the page could not be loaded”Weather an traffic i dont see options too. Hand Gadget Finger Gear shift Auto part
White Product Technology Electronic device Electronics
Finger Hand Technology Electronic device Gadget
Electronics Car Vehicle Technology Personal luxury car

·
Registered
36 Posts
I get google earth because i use to have a sim card loaded but i stopped paying for it. I guess its just saved to memory.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I only have this picture of my setup on green screen of ip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats exactly what my green screen shows. So i have to be so close. Does your adapter have both amber and green light on?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Only amber light on. I dont get it cause when i try to use audi connect my phone starts tethering which tells me that the car is trying to pull internet from my phone. I don’t understand why it doesn’t work. .

·
Registered
36 Posts
Can it be my ami cable. I got it off amazon. Its not an audi official cable. Maybe it just not powering up the trendnet fully.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Green light has never been on while connected to car. Only when i connect to macbook. The chipset is the one used by the car. I have another ethernet adapter that uses the chipset too and i get the same problem.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts