Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone got the new ipod Nano linked up to their AMI?

What I would like to know is does the AMI lead charge the Nano or not?

I have an older full fat ipod and that charges when in the car. I know the new Nano doesn't charge in Bose docking stations and the like. If the Nano doesn't charge in the car I won't bother getting one.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Ther have been earlier threads on this subject but I think you are correct in that no one has confirmed if it charges in car. I am in same situation, tempted to buy a Nano to leave in car and free up the 'proper' FF i Pod. I am awaiting news with interest!

Although this link seems to imply it does charge

http://www.apple.com/ipodnano/specs.html

·
Registered
42 Posts
The original few generations of iPods/Nano's charged through either Firewire or USB. With the most recent generation, the pinout of the connector changed so that the Firewire charging line was no longer present, thus the new ones only charge via USB.

Here is a thread that talks about charging it. Scroll down to loc's post #27 for a description of the three AMI cables available for ipod, as well as post #28 by aerodave stating which one he has that specifically DOES work for charging.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Hi Thrak

Not sure I have understood all this, I think Booster and I are interested to know if a ne iPod Nano will charge when attached to the AMI link on our A5's which currently successfully charges our iPOd Classics.

Can you advise please. A yes or no answer would be great as all the threads are cofusing me on a Sunday afternoon.... hic!

Cheers

RG

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice one thanks!!

Will ask Santa nicely if he will bring me one then :D

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Thanks from me too.... now where is the best place to buy one. Anyone know??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts