Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm looking for some advise/options for new b8.5 RS5 Front brake disc's.
OEM ones seem to be around £850 - £1000, surely there are better after market options out there, or as good as OEM for less money????

Any advise or links would be appreciated, MOT is due in a couple of weeks and they're needing replaced. .

JG

Reactions: SimonRoma

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hi,

I'm looking for some advise/options for new b8.5 RS5 Front brake disc's.
OEM ones seem to be around £850 - £1000, surely there are better after market options out there, or as good as OEM for less money????

Any advise or links would be appreciated, MOT is due in a couple of weeks and they're needing replaced. .

JG
See ecs tuning they have a great oem replacement, higher spec design and lighter weight as well. On price though, it's an RS5 and brake discs have always been a costly item on any RS model.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks @heylinTTnz

I'l have a look, as you say, RS5 brake disc's appear to be quite expensive.

JG

Reactions: SimonRoma

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@SimonRoma thanks for the link, Zimmerman is the only ones I recognise, any idea if they're any good?

JG

·
Registered
48 Posts
Zimmerman in general make very good quality brake rotors, at least in my opinion. I have purchased them for several of my VW & Audi vehicles over the last decade, and never had faults or disappointment. For example I have bought them for Golf MK4, Passat B5.5 and an Audi A5 B8.5. I do assume you are still talking about the "iron" rotors for the RS5, and not the optional carbon fiber ones?

Reactions: JOHN-GEE

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@dhuddleson

Yes, it's the iron/steel disc's I'm looking for, thanks for your reply.
I've got a couple of options, need to decide & order.

JG

1 - 7 of 7 Posts