Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have had our A5 back now for nearly two weeks and while on our trip up to PA, both the husband and I are having a hard time putting it into 2nd gear. Seems as if it doesnt want to go into gear and once it is there it has actually popped out of gear 4 times this week. Also it isnt going into 3rd too easily either. All of this is happening while it is just started to warm up. Have also had a few grinding moments as well while trying to put it into 2nd and 3rd gear.

Took it to the dealer and of course it was already warmed up so it wasn't doing it at the moment. We are going to try filming it tomorrow when we go to drive it so that we have evidence of whats going on.

Anyone else having any difficulties like this? If so, did you bring it up at the dealer?

We have owned a few manuals including another Audi and we have never really experienced this kind of action from any other vehicals, so I don't think it is a NORMAL action...:confused:

·
Registered
871 Posts
As I said in your previous post, I think you probably have grounds for rejecting the car and getting a replacement. These types of major faults are not acceptable

·
Registered
186 Posts
My 3.0TDI is definetly sluggish when cold. It can sometimes take a jerk or two to get the first 3 gears in... then after 5-10 minutes or so it's warmed up enough to pop into gears as usual.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My 3.0TDI is definetly sluggish when cold. It can sometimes take a jerk or two to get the first 3 gears in... then after 5-10 minutes or so it's warmed up enough to pop into gears as usual.
We generally let the rpms lower after starting the car...then we drive it. I would say this was a good 5-10 minutes after that point and it was still happening.

They basically wanted to make sure that we can both drive a manual...which we have both been driving for some years. So we took our car out and then another one that they had on their lot. The other car was noticably smoother shifting than ours.

We are both feeling like they are trying to put the blame on us and not that it is actually a problem with the car. It is also the same feeling that we are getting from them when the engine had its replacement.

I would love to get a replacement car. If they could offer that then I would take it. Here in the US you have to obide by the law and the only thing that we could do is file for lemon law if the same problem occurs three times without being resolved. At this point, I wouldn't mind that happening either. I'm pretty much fed up with Audi and their attitude towards the situation.

Now we are left with a 2009 Audi A5 Sline...Completely new engine. New hood. Doesn't want to go into gear because we guess its cold...and we live in FL.:eek:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.