Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All

Wondering if someone out there can help.

Time for some new brake discs (A5, 2.0 TFSI, coupe, 11 plate) and I can't seem to find the correct dimensions of discs to get.

The PR codes I have are as follows:

1KW - Rear disc brakes
1LA - front disc brakes

I'v searched but can't seem to find the correct dimensions.

Any help appreciated! Thanks all.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
All

Wondering if someone out there can help.

Time for some new brake discs (A5, 2.0 TFSI, coupe, 11 plate) and I can't seem to find the correct dimensions of discs to get.

The PR codes I have are as follows:

1KW - Rear disc brakes
1LA - front disc brakes

I'v searched but can't seem to find the correct dimensions.

Any help appreciated! Thanks all.
The info below comes from the Audi Service Manual. But, keep in mind that any changes to the specifications from the factory at the time this manual was printed will mean the information below may not apply to your vehicle.

For more accurate information, I recommend the following: If you are wanting after-market brake parts, consult the brake manufacturer's website for compatible products for your car. Reputable manufacturers will have a search function on their websites that will help you figure out the correct products for your vehicle. If you plan on going for OEM brake parts, just visit or call your favorite Audi parts dealer and give them your vehicle's VIN#. They'll be able to give you the correct part numbers for the parts you need that will be specific to your car.

For 1KW - Rear Brakes:

Brake Caliper: CII-43 EPB (16")
Brake Rotor diameter: 300mm
Unvented brake rotor thickness: 12mm
Brake Rotor wear limit: 10mm
Pad thickness with backing plate and dampening sheet: 17.5mm

For 1LA - Front Brakes:

Brake Caliper: FBC 16"
Brake Rotor, ventilated: 320mm diameter
Brake Rotor Thickness: 30mm
Brake Rotor Wear Limit: 28mm
Pad thickness with backing plate and dampening sheet: 20.3mm
Brake pad wear limit with backing plate and dampening sheet: 10mm

·
Premium Member
2,798 Posts
Hi cyrus. The two codes refer to the standard disc brake setup for the car. 1LA are the front discs - 320mm x 30mm ventilated. Part number is 8R0615301. 1KW are the rears - 300mm x 12mm solids, and their part number is 8K0615601B. Pad part numbers are 8K0698151K and 8K0698451B, respectively.

·
Premium Member
2,798 Posts
JW, you're excused! Don't be too hard on yourself. You just woke up, still groggy, and slow. While I've been up, caffeine soaked, and working my ass off all day! :grin2:
Fair enough - only on my second cup of coffee... and I still can’t face the day.
[Bonus points for song title and artist, plat. Let’s see how awake you really are!]

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Fair enough - only on my second cup of coffee... and I still can’t face the day.
[Bonus points for song title and artist, plat. Let’s see how awake you really are!]
By george! Second cup of Coffee by Gordon Lightfoot! I wonder how I knew that one.... :grin2: (Thanks, Google!). See, I am so worked up that I have some presence of mind and quick reflexes to consult Google :laugh:

·
Premium Member
2,568 Posts
Good grief guys, Plat yoiu should know that he is ALWAYS tired and grumpy any time of day hehe.....(heads for his third cup of instant coffee)....

Reactions: plat27265

·
Premium Member
2,568 Posts
Ps Cyrus, whatever you do with brakes, make sure that you purchase the best stuff you can. I fitted Brembo discs AND pads, but any major manufacturer is good. It is important that your pads are compatible with the discs too so I would suggest that you fit a matching set OR do loads of research on here about warping disc problems which are actually problems of pads that react to discs and leave a build up of material. You have been warned hehe.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi all.

Appreciate the feedback. Super helpful.

So I went with the Akebono ceramic pads from the States and Mtech rotors. Website was good and I found the correct parts. After the sale Mtech took my VIN just to double check what I had ordered was the correct parts.

Sit back and wait now. She's due a major service and new timing belt. Tempted to through on a set of Pilot Sport 4S rubbers while Im at it and get it all done.

Lets hope the pads and rotors play nice together.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Very nice. It's great to hear that. For those who are probably having now problems with their car, I can help you with my recommendation. Not so long time ago a was in a car accident with my Volkswagen Passat B7. There wasn't a big collision of cars but anyway, my front part was shattered and the airbags went out. So I needed to fix everything as sooner as I could because I need the car so bad, I'm working with it. Well, I started to ask my friends if they know where I could find the auto parts at reasonable prices. One of my friends advised me waautoparts.com.au. They have all kinds of old and new models used auto parts.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts