Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

One week from today, I am getting the new AWE Touring Exhaust put on my car (CATBACK ONLY). This is a brand new exhaust for the S5 Coupe 6sp and Tiptronic. As we all know, the Tiptronic S5 coupe has been susceptible to droning with the current AWE exhaust, well ... that has been eliminated with this new design. The Touring exhaust's note is more refined.... think of Aston Martin Vantage V8. I am so excited and can't wait. I'll keep you all posted on the progress.

Regards,

DominionXX
2011 Audi S5, 4.2L V8 Coupe

·
Registered
197 Posts
I just looked at their web site and I see only one exaust. Is it so new, their site does not show it yet?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes it is that new :) ... They will be taking pictures and video of my car once it is done .. I can only assume that they will then be posted on the site.

I'll keep you all updated ... on how things go.

·
Registered
714 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm waiting for an update as well. This may be the best option for me. I'm not looking for loud but something more than stock.

Raudi

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
AWE Touring exhaust, music to my ears!!!!

Hi All,

Thanks for your patience .. Well, I finally got the new AWE "Touring Edition" exhaust put on the my 2011 S5 Coupe. Here is a quick review of my experience:

The Service:
If any of you live in the Philadelphia, PA area, I would highly recommend allowing AWE to do the actual install of their products. They were absolutely professional, and did what they promised to do. The car was ready on time and Todd was kind enough to give me a tour of their facility. All the guys I met were great. When I picked up the car, it was on the dyno for final inspection and data. WOW, that was the coolest thing I have ever seen.

The Touring Edition exhaust: (Sound)
As was stated earlier in the thread, this exhaust was designed to give the S5 coupe a more refined sound than the Track Edition exhaust (2009-2011). The awesome side effect is that drone has been eliminated in the Tiptronic version of our car (drone wasn;t an issue in the 6sp manual). As I was leaving the shop, sure enough, I heard no drone thru the rpm range. 750-2500 rpm the sound has a smooth velvety tone... great for cruising. Once above 2500 rpm, this thing screams, and sounds like a pure european exotic. As you climb the rpm range, the exhaust tone is more higher pitch than stock. I am not talking ricer high, just a little higher note (half an octave) :)

The Touring Edition exhaust: (Fitment):
This exhaust looks great ... it takes the full real estate of the exhaust cutouts in the back... I picked the silver tips, which has the AWE logo etched in them. I forgot to ask if the tips are adjustable, I'd like them to stick out a little further than they do now.

I will post video and pics here tomorrow Feb 6th.. The weather in Philly today sucked, rained all day, so I couldn't take any photos.

One last thing, my neighbors who are mechanics and very into cars, went crazy for the exhaust... the were amazed by the sound it produces.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sweet...anxiously awaiting pics and video!!

·
Registered
96 Posts
To Alex (AWE)...Question for your Touring edition S5 exhaust

Hi Alex (AWE)...I have the "original" version of your exhaust system installed on my 2010 S5 Tiptronic.

I am generally happy with the exhaust system....the in cabin drone has decreased tremendously since it has broken in. But there is still some drone during low rpm under load.

My question is what is the difference between these two versions and is there anyway to purchase and install the "missing" component into my original version to eliminate the drone completely...so that I don't have to swap out the whole exhaust system.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hey Alex

Did you shoot any sound clips or pictures you can post?

Thanks
Thanks for the update. I'm looking forward to pictures and sound clips.

Did Alex say anything about price and when it's going to be released?
Videos and images will be available soon. We're preparing everything for our official release, which will hopefully happen in the next week or so.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hi Alex (AWE)...I have the "original" version of your exhaust system installed on my 2010 S5 Tiptronic.

I am generally happy with the exhaust system....the in cabin drone has decreased tremendously since it has broken in. But there is still some drone during low rpm under load.

My question is what is the difference between these two versions and is there anyway to purchase and install the "missing" component into my original version to eliminate the drone completely...so that I don't have to swap out the whole exhaust system.
Our original S5 Exhaust system, which will now soldier on as the Track Edition, is laid out as follows: OE Downpipes -> central muffler with OEM grade stainless steel wool and German composite packing material -> tips.

Our new S5 Exhaust system is laid out as follows: OE Downpipes -> X-Pipe for better exhaust scavenging and improved tone -> central muffler with OEM grade stainless steel wool and German composite packing material -> specially designed Helmholtz noise cancelation rear resonators -> tips.

OE Downpipes used in both examples as a frame of reference.

Unfortunately the X-pipe and Helmholtz Resonators are not compatible with our original systems.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Alex,

For you next video, is it possible to include Stock exhaust footage?

stock vs. AWE track vs AWE track/downpipes vs AWE touring

1 - 20 of 20 Posts