Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was browsing the Audi (UK) accessory pages and they seem to have some interesting new (to me at least!) wheel options.

http://accessories.audi.co.uk/acces...1&model.page=2&model.modelCode=&model.keyword=

These don't appear to be available as configurable options at initial purchase (from my brief play with the configurator) but I quite like the 19" 'hollow' 5 spoke design in anthracite/silver - not sure about the multi-spoke - always find that kind of design quite 'busy'.

What's the general view?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Not lovin them Ess !! I still prefer the standard wheels.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I saw an A5 with the five-spokes above and thought they looked pretty good. The others don't do anything for me though.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Come on Ess, get with the program. ;) I saw those 15-spoke wheels on another forum back in January 2008. :)

It's a nice classic design, but it's not for me.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
The hollow spoke 19's were introduced last summer. When I collected mine in Oct the car next to mine had a set. They look quite good but sure are not worth £2000 + tyres (£900) !!! As for the 15 spokes these have been around for ages! I'm with Blade Standard wheels for me please.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
I would agree, the 19" 'hollow' 5 spoke are not that great if your looking for a year round wheel in my opinion. Although its hard to tell if you don't see them in person.

This is particular for my winter tires and not a year round replacement, but I bought a set of Sport Edition ST3 from tirerack just as some cheap metal to hold my my Dunlop winter 3D tires and I'm not overly happy....can't wait until the summer to get my s-line wheels back on.

Sport Edition ST3 (they look mediocre at best on the A5)
http://www.tirerack.com/upgrade_gar...heelModel=ST3&wheelFinish=Bright+Silver+Paint

1 - 13 of 13 Posts