Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
1,269 Posts

· Registered
1,269 Posts

· Registered
6,346 Posts
Trade price on early S5's must be down to £25k already looking at some of the retail prices £28-29k!

On the S1 Blog topic ...I think it looks nice, also saw a black 5door A1 previewed somewhere.

RG

· Registered
3,586 Posts
Looks good. I like it too.

· Registered
2,046 Posts
..and with 200Bhp and 300NM Torque it's gonna be bloody quick too. I mean S5 quick!! :eek:

...that's 300 NM torque... hard to belive that figure, but incredible if it is... my old 2.7 Biturbo was only 330NM and the Civic Type R is only about 200 I think. It's gonna fly!

...although since this will be coming from a 1.4 engine (Incredible!) there's not much tuning potential!

...perhaps a V8 in the back seat?

· Registered
237 Posts
...although since this will be coming from a 1.4 engine (Incredible!) there's not much tuning potential!
It's interesting to see how VAG are developing their twin charger engines. My wife has the Golf GT 1.4 TSi that kicks out 170 Bhp and 240NM and I thought that was going some for a 1.4 -great fun up to about 80mph but then the limited capacity starts to let it down. The engine revs so freely though and the crossover between the supercharger and turbo combined with the free revving engine gives it the feel of having a powerband reminiscent of a 2 stroke motorbike. Clarkson described the combination as an on off switch and he's not far wrong - not a smooth drive but loads of :D The S1 should be a hoot.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.