Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

My A5 arrived into town to my dealer but all i can do is stare at it until i finally get my hands on it come march for the 09 plate!!!!

It was a 3month wait to finally see the end product but well worth it!!!!

·
Registered
552 Posts
What's your spec?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
spec:

a5 2.0tdi s-line manual
phantom black
20inch 7 spoke alloys
Privacy glass
satnav with ami
b&o sound sys
electric seats
parking system plus
electric folding & dimming mirrors
Interior lights
Hild hold

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Hello and welcome! :)

Nice spec on your car. I love those 20-inch 7-spoke wheels, especially on a black A5/S5.

So in what part of the world are you located? Please update your profile to display your location.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Hi all

My A5 arrived into town to my dealer but all i can do is stare at it until i finally get my hands on it come march for the 09 plate!!!!

It was a 3month wait to finally see the end product but well worth it!!!!
This must be one of the first S-line's in the country. It only hit the price lists in January. Where are you located? None of my local dealers will be getting one for about four weeks. Mine's on order, but not expected for four months!

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
This must be one of the first S-line's in the country. It only hit the price lists in January. Where are you located? None of my local dealers will be getting one for about four weeks. Mine's on order, but not expected for four months!
Hi Biker... They hit the price lists in October 2008 (24th I think from memory) a few days after I collected my Sport having been told No S-Line in UK! (covered in detail elsewhere on this Blog)...

There are several second hand S-Lines for sale already .. Search Used cars, audi.co.uk .... A5..... Newest first.;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Located in Derby

Ordered the car in 1st week of Nov & it arrived at the dealership mon 2nd feb....could have taken it any minute but waiting for 1st march to get 09 plate.

The car was made for 20" inch alloys as they look stunning on the car but cant help wonder what the ride quality is gona be like since their has been bad reviews in the forum regarding 20" alloys on a A5. Will take it for test drive soon thou

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
The car was made for 20" inch alloys as they look stunning on the car but cant help wonder what the ride quality is gona be like since their has been bad reviews in the forum regarding 20" alloys on a A5.
From the various posts I've read on the topic, 20" wheels on the A5 seem to only be an annoyance in terms of ride comfort when the car has the optional Sport suspension (available in some markets). With the regular A5 suspension, I can tell you from personal experience that 20" wheels on an A5 has a surprisingly comfortable ride. So you need not worry unless you opted for Sport suspension.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Believe it is sport suspension as they come as standard on the both sport & s-line a5s in the uk as quoted in the brochure.

Will hav to see wen i drive it...it all may just be a matter of personal judgement that the ride is stiffer or not ( I hope so :confused:)

·
Registered
59 Posts
I've ordered the 20" wheels with the sports suspension and was a bit worried about the ride too, but I've now test driven one with the same spec and it seemed fine to me. Admittedly I didn't drive for hundreds of miles but even if it is a bit firm it's worth it for those wheels - the standard S-line 5 spoke just don't seem up to the job. Let us know how you get on.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
THe standard 18in S line looks really skinny on the A5, shame they don't do the 19in Y spoke although they make our Sports that bit more different.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts