Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, about to step up and purchase an A5 and came across this site when looking for info, so hello :)

Im about to get a brand spanking new A5 (well i say new its "held in port" in the UK currently). As im switching from my current A3 to the new one i cant really wait the 4+ month odd build period (use the car for work) so the dealers found me one in port.

Its got essentially everything i want on it, base model being a 3.0 TDI Sport Quattro with nice 19" alloys, bluetooth, sat nav, mmi, b&o etc. The only thing it hasnt got is the auto dimming mirrors - any great loss here? Had them on the A3 and thought they were fab, can you get these added on after? Also noticed that the xenons and DRLs are now an option - thought they were standard (dealer told me that all A5s come with them...)

I guess as a general question, how difficult is it to change bits on the A5 once you get it?

·
Registered
479 Posts
Welcome!!

Yours will have xenons and drls. Its only a recent change to the specification and as yours will have been built a couple of weeks ago you shoud be ok.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I am interested in the answer to this. My car was pre order car at the Audi garage and luckily I liked the options on it.

But I did want sat nav and this should be fitted as a retro fit when the part turns up.

Also fitted the boot bag hooks, parts cost around £11 from Audi, and easy diy fit (Thanks to this forum for that hint). And I got a cargo net from ebay for about £8. Great car and to nice to let stuff in the boot roll about banging into things.

It would be nice to know if anybody knows what can be fitted after.

·
Registered
464 Posts
my car was pre built, the extras list, listed folding mirrors £175 plus loads of other stuff, however all mirrors dim is this not standard. Car was built July 2009

·
Registered
479 Posts
my car was pre built, the extras list, listed folding mirrors £175 plus loads of other stuff, however all mirrors dim is this not standard. Car was built July 2009
Are you Dr Who? :D

Interior dimming mirror is standard isn't it?

·
Registered
464 Posts
Dr Who:confused:

·
Registered
479 Posts
Yeah, you said your car was built in July 2009, you must be a timelord! :)

·
Registered
464 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
I don't think he heard you Booster :D 2009 :rolleyes:

·
Registered
464 Posts
car was buit in July 2008, its a MY 2009

·
Registered
479 Posts
Yep, any car built after week 22 would be 2009 MY.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Oh :p

·
Registered
464 Posts
my original query was , my wing mirrors dim, is that standard.

·
Registered
479 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
well its on my car, and wasn't listed in the options:confused:

·
Registered
479 Posts
Do you have the Comfort Pack? (electric seats with memory, folding mirrors) its part of that pack.

·
Registered
464 Posts
No

·
Registered
464 Posts
No:)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts