Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

New to the owners club, picking up my b8.5 cab on Sunday. Cannot wait and thrilled with the spec of the car, with exception of the media system. I’ve read a lot of threads on here and other forums, but haven’t found exactly what I’m looking for so hoping someone may be able to help :)

so firstly, current system is Audi Concert. Controls are on the dash, so no Nav. I don’t know exactly what system I have in terms of 2g, 3G etc. as I’ve only test driven the car briefly, but I think by the photos below I have 3G low? Has a media button so also assuming there is an aux?

essentially what I would like to do is:

1. upgrade system to support Apple car play. There are some plug n play out there, but all vary in regards to compatibility and quality. I live in Sussex, England. Has anyone used this company before?About Us | Audi Upgrades

also found this which to me looks great, but cannot find any reviews -

2. Move controls from dash to centre console. Struggled to find this anywhere, but I’d prefer the controls on the console for ease whilst driving. Nav button will obviously be useless as it’s not built in to my system anyway, which is the reason for wanting Apple play.

I did read through the hybrid mmi thread, unless I’ve missed something I couldn't find anything that matched exactly what I’m looking for, but apologies if I’m duplicating threads!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Plant Car Vehicle Speedometer Motor vehicle

·
Registered
49 Posts
First of all congrats on the new car.
To start the concert is neither 2g or 3g its a separate radio.

As for the android part i recommend a company known as rsnav. They make high quality android headunits which support carplay as well as their own operating system. (Read up about it on their website) RSNav - Advanced Cockpit for your Audi®

I have installed a headunit from them and have no problems with it. If your not confident in fitting these units i wouldnt mind doing it for you since im just up the road (surrey)

Re routing the radio controls to around the gearstick as far as im awar isnt possible (im currently looking for a way to do the same)

Best of luck on the new car

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First of all congrats on the new car.
To start the concert is neither 2g or 3g its a separate radio.

As for the android part i recommend a company known as rsnav. They make high quality android headunits which support carplay as well as their own operating system. (Read up about it on their website) RSNav - Advanced Cockpit for your Audi®

I have installed a headunit from them and have no problems with it. If your not confident in fitting these units i wouldnt mind doing it for you since im just up the road (surrey)

Re routing the radio controls to around the gearstick as far as im awar isnt possible (im currently looking for a way to do the same)

Best of luck on the new car
Hi ASB

thanks for the reply, much appreciated. I’ve actually purchased an android kit (link below). I contacted the seller and went through the spec of my car to ensure it’s the correct one. I found some useful reviews online prior to buying and although chinese, it does look like a good piece of kit!

Not sure if this is the type of thing you mentioned you’ve installed previously?

thanks

matt

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi ASB

thanks for the reply, much appreciated. I’ve actually purchased an android kit (link below). I contacted the seller and went through the spec of my car to ensure it’s the correct one. I found some useful reviews online prior to buying and although chinese, it does look like a good piece of kit!

Not sure if this is the type of thing you mentioned you’ve installed previously?

thanks

matt
Yes thats more or less the unit i purchased. I think the only thing that differs is the spec of the actual headunits themselves. Installation of that unit would more or less be the same as my unit.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks ASB. I’ll give it a go myself and if I run into any issues I’ll post on here for some help if you’re still happy to? Really appreciate the offer 👍🏻

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I wrapped it, along with the rest of the interior ij carbon and the exterior in blue
Hi ASB,

Picked up the A5 today and loving it already. I am already worried about trying to install the new unit though… would you still be willing to help? Happy to come to you obviously!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi ASB,

Picked up the A5 today and loving it already. I am already worried about trying to install the new unit though… would you still be willing to help? Happy to come to you obviously!
Of course, coming to me might be abit of an issue at the moment since we have 9 cars parked in our drive haha. Pm me your address and im sure we can arrange a date and time

1 - 11 of 11 Posts