Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm in the UK and just got my new black A5 Quattro Sport 2.0 211ps TFSI this week (UK/England spec) after a 6 months long wait. I'm delighted with the car but I have a few questions you guys might help:
1. How can you tell if the suspension is Sport, it has no markings and it feels really soft for sports springs and seems no lower than std A5??? I have the "Y" wheels and the sport seats so it must be, right?
2. Without the obvious tiny badges, how can you tell its a Quattro?
3. How do the rain sensors work? It rained a few times since i got it and the wipers didn't start without me starting them? It says in the brocuhure it has it but mine doesnt work? Is there a setting to make or has this feature been withdrawn.
4. The fuel flap does not lock and can easily be opened outside even when the car is locked, is this normal, is there something to set?
Anyone else in UK got the same 2010 car that can confirm PLEASE???:)

·
Registered
185 Posts
well I'm not in your country but I may have the answers to some of these:

1. In the US if it's not S-Line, it has the standard suspension. It's not particularly soft but it is very nicely damped, whereas full sport suspension and y-spokes (having test driven a car with this configuration) is noticeably more firm and direct.

2. As in from the outside? I guess there really isn't a way, however, in terms of driving feel, believe me badges aren't necessary.

3. On you wiper stalk there should be a sensitivity switch. I have mine all the way up, so when I engage the auto wipers (first notch of the stalk) they are quick on the uptake.

4. That sounds like a problem, and indeed there is a recent thread on here about fuel flaps getting stuck in the lock position as well. Go to the dealer IMO.

·
Registered
13 Posts
2. If you want visual confirmation rather than how it feels to drive then have a look under the rear bumper. You'll see the rear diff connecting drive to rear wheels. If you mean how it drives differently then you'll notice it when you floor it either on straight as pulling away or in the bends. No nasty wheel spinning noises. If you hoof it in a bend then once you are used to the car you may well 'feel' the drive shifting front to back. Difficult to describe what it feels like but you can sort of detect the balance of the car shifting.

1, 3 and 4 as previous answer.

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
you can go to: https://secure-www.audi.de/de/brand/de/tools/myaudi.htx/
and register yourself.
than you can put your own car in, with the VIN-number
and there can see exactly what you have.
not just the quattro, but all of the specs.

small problem, may be: it is in the german language :)

·
Registered
80 Posts
1. In the US if it's not S-Line, it has the standard suspension. It's not particularly soft but it is very nicely damped, whereas full sport suspension and y-spokes (having test driven a car with this configuration) is noticeably more firm and direct.
This is not true. The sport suspension comes with the sport package and the titanium sport package as well as the s-line package.

·
Registered
185 Posts
The 1st page of your service book has a sticker with all the codes associated with the car as built such as colour code, trim items, options etc. The manual explains where each code is found. I checked mine as I wanted to be 100% the dealer orderd the optional "S Line" suspension.

·
Registered
544 Posts
1. Sport suspension is lower and there is less wheel gap.
2. You can't.
3. You must put the wipers in the "on" position to activate the vipers/sensors. They will not automatically activate from the off position.
4. Fuel cap door should be locked when the car is locked.

·
Registered
185 Posts
This is not true. The sport suspension comes with the sport package and the titanium sport package as well as the s-line package.
Maybe it's because I haven't been around the showroom floors lately, but last year when I purchased my car there was absolutely no such thing as a "sport package" and a "titanium sport package." I have heard about similar options in Europe and the UK though. For me every single A5 I came across (and I spent a while shopping around to get the one I wanted) was either S-Line or it wasn't.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1 - 9 of 9 Posts