Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!

Recently made the switch from a Seat Leon to an Audi A5 2017 2.0 190PS FWD. I love the car, but I’m having a sort of feeling that the steering is heavy!

Whenever I get to around 30-40mph, the steering can become heavy, similar to the feeling when on a motorway and it stiffens up. Is this normal?

There’s also a strange noise at full lock so I wondered if this was related?

I purchased from a car supermarket in the UK, so I hope they are able to accommodate any repairs if needed

Any advice is appreciated! Thank you!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Maybe you have Audi Drive Select option, or perhaps turned on in the options?

Here is a link to a site that breaks down the steps to enable it in the MMI 'green screen'.

I've done that process but have not explored every option, but I don't feel what you are describing. Hopefully there will be someone near to you that could possibly drive your car and tell you if it's normal.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe you have Audi Drive Select option, or perhaps turned on in the options?

Here is a link to a site that breaks down the steps to enable it in the MMI 'green screen'.

I've done that process but have not explored every option, but I don't feel what you are describing. Hopefully there will be someone near to you that could possibly drive your car and tell you if it's normal.
Cheers for the reply! I have it set to comfort mode so I would imagine the steering should be light. I’m going to allow my mechanic friend to give it a try and see what he thinks.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hey guys!

Recently made the switch from a Seat Leon to an Audi A5 2017 2.0 190PS FWD. I love the car, but I’m having a sort of feeling that the steering is heavy!

Whenever I get to around 30-40mph, the steering can become heavy, similar to the feeling when on a motorway and it stiffens up. Is this normal?

There’s also a strange noise at full lock so I wondered if this was related?

I purchased from a car supermarket in the UK, so I hope they are able to accommodate any repairs if needed

Any advice is appreciated! Thank you!!
Can't really comment on the later models but when I 1st drove my 2009 B8 taking a fast turning at a large round around.. the steering felt hard compared to a previous BMW.
I later found out it was Audi Servotronic..the steering is very sensitive to speed

1 - 4 of 4 Posts