Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of my new S5. I figured it was about time to jump on a forum so I just joined today!

I ordered my car in early November of '08. The dealer told me anywhere from 4 to 6 months.. I was wondering if any current owners had the same type of wait more/less? Anyway, I'm looking forward to adding to this great forum in the near future.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Hello and welcome! :) Congrats on soon becoming an S5 owner. Yeah, many of the members on here have reported a 4-6 month wait. So, that's not unusual.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Hello all,

I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of my new S5. I figured it was about time to jump on a forum so I just joined today!

I ordered my car in early November of '08. The dealer told me anywhere from 4 to 6 months.. I was wondering if any current owners had the same type of wait more/less? Anyway, I'm looking forward to adding to this great forum in the near future.
Just ordered mine (company car) and the leasing company is quoting 14-16 weeks delivery. Colleague of mine has TT which he waited 9 months for because he wanted it in white. Fingers crossed that doesn't happen to me!

·
Registered
38 Posts
I ordered my S5 end of October, making a few changes to a vehicle allocated to my dealer, and expect that it will arrive in about 3 weeks, or about a 4 month total wait.

Hope yours comes soon!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just got word from my dealer two days ago (4 months after order time)... The audi rep told me the car was going to be backed up for another month or two. Kinda bummed but that would fall into the 4 to 6 month range he originally gave me so I can't really be upset about that. I do have the option to take a white with red leather s5 (same colors as the one I ordered) that comes in two weeks but it has the tech package instead of the b&o system I ordered. Would you guys just take the one thats coming or wait for the b&o? Anyway hope you guys get yours soon. Would love to see some pics.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Would you guys just take the one thats coming or wait for the b&o?
Hmmm... that's a tough call. I really love never having to take the key out of my pocket to lock/unlock or start/stop the engine (which is what you get with the Advanced Key option as part of the Technology package). I also think the rear-view camera comes in handy many times. As for the B&O system, it's OK but doesn't blow my socks off. I guess you just need to decide which things are most important to you, and make your decision based upon that.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I agree- tough call. If given the same choice, I think I'd wait to get exactly what I want. That's why I placed a specific order to begin with. And having received the "you have to wait another month" call, I understand how difficult it is. Like TX said, depends on what's important to you.

TX- have you had a chance to directly compare the standard audio system with the B&O? I haven't had that opportunity. I've read so many reviews that claim this is one of the most amazing car audio systems they've sampled. Would you really consider going without it?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
TX- have you had a chance to directly compare the standard audio system with the B&O? I haven't had that opportunity. I've read so many reviews that claim this is one of the most amazing car audio systems they've sampled. Would your really consider going without it?
No, I haven't had the chance to personally compare the two. But, given the price, I think the B&O is a worthwhile upgrade.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Just got word from my dealer two days ago (4 months after order time)... The audi rep told me the car was going to be backed up for another month or two. Kinda bummed but that would fall into the 4 to 6 month range he originally gave me so I can't really be upset about that. I do have the option to take a white with red leather s5 (same colors as the one I ordered) that comes in two weeks but it has the tech package instead of the b&o system I ordered. Would you guys just take the one thats coming or wait for the b&o? Anyway hope you guys get yours soon. Would love to see some pics.
Really difficult choice! Two things, I guess. Are they going to give it to you at the same price (the tech pack in uk is £1700+, the B&O about £350)? And, would you have substituted the tech pack for the B&O if you had been given the choice to begin with? I know how hard it is (God do I know!) but my feeling is that you chose the options you wanted for a reason. I would stick with your original choice and be patient. You never know, you may get a call to say that it has come forward! Good luck.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hiya :)

Its a dark place having to wait....I know!! It's worth it tho ;)

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Hiya :)

Its a dark place having to wait....I know!! It's worth it tho ;)
Beautiful car, by the way. Is it everything you thought it would be?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Beautiful car, by the way. Is it everything you thought it would be?

It is!! I knew the new Audi diesel engines were good, just didn't know they were this good. First time the girlfiend was with me when I went to the juice house, I said "oh look diesel's only 97p per litre here", she said "what!! it's diesel!!"

I had mods at only 600 miles. Now 1200 miles. It gets better and quicker with every mile I drive. With Milltek it sounds like a powerful petrol. Steering and handling very firm and responsive and the quattro system.....:D

·
Registered
1,468 Posts

It is!! I knew the new Audi diesel engines were good, just didn't know they were this good. First time the girlfiend was with me when I went to the juice house, I said "oh look diesel's only 97p per litre here", she said "what!! it's diesel!!"

I had mods at only 600 miles. Now 1200 miles. It gets better and quicker with every mile I drive. With Milltek it sounds like a powerful petrol. Steering and handling very firm and responsive and the quattro system.....:D
Excellent. I'm fed up with diesels now - had them for the last six years, going back to being a petrol head. I know how good the new breed of diesels are, but they still take an age to warm up in the mornings and the stuff still gets all over you at the pumps -not nice with the lunchtime sandwich. I'm glad you like yours, and I still think that it looks gorgeous. Good choice of colour, by the way!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts