Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! :) I'm picking up my A5 this weekend so thought joining A5OC would be a smart move. It's a 2010 S-line 3.0 TDI, with a few nice options like B&O and the tech pack. It's my first Audi, and I'm looking forward to it. Might take a while to figure out all the options on the MMI though! o_O

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No idea! :D That's one of my first things to find out, where the paint code is located. I'm going to guess it's something like "ice blue".

·
Premium Member
3,277 Posts
Wedge mate, she looks stunning!!! More pics please!!

Reactions: wedgepilot

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the welcome everyone, here are a few more pics. I had a longish drive back from the dealer, so I got to know the car a bit better, it drives really beautifully. 51k miles and FASH, it feels like a new car, really 'tight'. (y)

I have a couple of jobs to do though:
1. get a carista and enable the speech recognition
2. look into updating the MMI software and maps, I think they are the original from 2010

For now though, I'm just enjoying!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks 👍 I was a bit dubious about the air scarf, but it actually seems to work pretty well. We just need some dry weather now so I can open the roof and use it properly.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Beautiful!! I wish we could get the TDI over here in the States.... sigh. You might have better updates for the NAV/MMI the we do here, but to be honest, for me, I use my phone & google maps on a mount that uses the CD slot. It's a bit lower but that helps keep it out of the sun. The high location of the screen is great for keeping your eyes up, but terrible for usability when the sun is behind you. I've put 40,000 miles on mine in 2 years, but I may get more sunny days than you, especially since we've been travelling to Florida quite a lot and will be moving there soon. The MMI/firmware updates will probably be good to get, but doing it for the nav... even if they put out a new file today, the data is probably at least a year old....and you'll never get traffic information on it.

Congrats on an awesome purchase!!

Reactions: wedgepilot

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Lol! 😂 Right decade though. I had a couple of Triumph TR7 convertibles back when I was young and stupid, and have used this as a forum name since then.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.