Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks

Looking forward to buying a 2019+ A5 coupe early next year. Driving style is relaxed and will be using for 100 mile round trips (90% motorway) couple of times a week. Is 50mpg achievable with the 3.0 litre? I could get that from a 2010 330d M Sport cruising at 70mph.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Depends on the variation of the engine! some will do more and some less mpg with the same sized engine. The 3.0 will come in FWD and AWD, the AWD does affect mpg slightly.

I couldn't tell you about the mpg on those engines as I don't have one, but I have a late 2014 S5 with the supercharged 3.0 V6 petrol with around 460bhp, which does 42mpg at 70mph! so I should think even the 3.0 diesel will do more than 50mpg!? :)

Reactions: SimonRoma

·
Premium Member
3,313 Posts
Well noted Dave the Rave!! The 3.0 diesel is a great engine and fuel consumption is great when used gently. The 2.0 diesel too is great but has to work harder to power this heavy car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2017 3.0 V6 Tdi Quattro, and I’ve been getting between 55-60 mpg on long journeys (motorways, about 330 mile) pretty much regardless of driving style. And that’s with the air con on..... The official figure says 65, and I could probably get that if I just used the “Efficiency” mode and cruise control. Hope that helps!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts