Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys.

Long time reader but first post. Hoping for a bit of advice.

My local dealer (in England) has a new unregistered A5 1.8 TFSi sport with metallic paint, V design wheels, bluetooth, black roof lining, B&O system, xenon headlights with daytime running and electric seats.

I've heard there is a long wait for the 1.8 TFSi, but this car is available now and I can have it immediatley, or wait till March and they will register it as an 08 car and I can take delivery on 1st March.

However I had hoped to get one with satnav. So my question is: Will other dealers soon have stock of the 1.8, possibly with the spec I want, or do you think this is a rare opportunity to get my hands on the 1.8 model?

If they are as difficult to get as peaople say then I will forget about the satnav and go for it, but I would hate to think I went for this car when I could have had the spec I wanted simply by shopping about.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards
Jock.

·
Registered
714 Posts
My local dealer (Leeds) has been waiting ages for a 1.8T to come in as a demonstrator. When I last went in about 3 weeks ago they had one which was due this week but I got a call on Monday to say it would be another couple of weeks before the car was in. I fully expect the car to sell before it ever gets used as a demo. In fact, they were trying to get me to put a deposit on this but I've now decided to take a risk and source one as a company car instead without actually having driven it.

Coincidentally, the fleet firm providing my company car called me the day after the Audi dealer and indicated that the car should be with me sometime in April (although they couldn't yet give me a build week ... they seemed to be indicating that their updates from Audi came weekly on a Weds/Thurs?)

I treat this with some skepticism, but according to what they're telling me so far a 1.8T ordered last week should be delivered mid April (14th was the date they quoted). Sounds like it's worth the wait for something tailored to your needs.

Oh, and one of these might come in useful if those 1.8Ts aren't as good as we're hoping...

http://www.whatcar.com/news-article.aspx?NA=231052

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well I have now put in my order and changed my mind to 1.8tfsi from 3.0 tdi.
I underdatnd that it is possible to remap to gain an extra 40bhp...so thats what i am doing...i spoke witha few of the tuning guys and apparently in the next two weeks they will be posting the official chipping datas. But the expectation is between 40 and 50 bhp... i opted for the 1.8t so that i could get the extras i wanted......ie sat nav,B&O,S line ext and internal, alcantara leather seats....

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers for the replies.

Decided I couldn't wait, so I pick the car up on 1st March.

On reflection, I guess I only wanted sat nav for the novelty value which would probably wear off after a while. And I can live with the mmi control on the dash.

I'm looking forward to the change as I've driven BMWs for the past twelve years.

Thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts