Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Audi A5 Quattro Sport 3.0L Coupe (Meteor Grey)
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. Just joined and looking forward to being part of the group. Being the typical new kid (59 yo) I've lots of things to ask. So probably best start with just this one. I'm looking at removing the front seats to enable me to shampoo the carpets. I've done the usual YouTube thing and it doesn't seem to be too difficult to do. I get that I have to disconnect the negative battery terminal and wait about 20mins for all residual power to discharge before seat removal. But the YouTuber's didn't mention something that I found in a text only step-by-step that, if the battery is disconnected for more than 15 minutes, engine codes (via the ECU), radio codes and almost every other code can get erased or reset. Please could someone confirm if this is the case. For example: would I lose my REVO stage 1 remap, would I have to get the MMI recoded (as I don't have the code)? etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanking you all in anticipation.

2009 A5 QUATTRO SPORT COUPE 3.0L

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Welcome Lovie (that sounded a bit wrong!). On the basis that my dealer once disconnected my battery for over half an hour to clear an Audi Connect bug, and when the car came back to me all my settings were undisturbed, I’d say you’re safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2009 Audi A5 Quattro Sport 3.0L Coupe (Meteor Grey)
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Dan,

Thank you for your welcome and thank you for your very quick response. In that case, it looks as though the seats are coming out. Just got to wait until this rain stops. Cheers and stay safe.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts