Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

Well I just joined today, for my high school graduation last year I got a 2008 A5, Black on Black. I have been looking for the past few months for some body kits. The big thing is that I dont want the body kit to take away from the natural beauty of the A5, I just want to make it look a little more aggressive. Aside from that I have been looking at some wheels, but not real sure what brand is good, or what company is reliable, to be complelty honest I am a complete "noob" when it comes the cars and the tech. side of it. All I know how to do is drive them. I really liked the lltek (sp) body kit, but there were so many options it honestly overwhelmed me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Hi blka5ny and welcome!

A lot of us have considered body kits for our 5's at some stage but most end up jut making subtle changes like:
  • changing/painting grill
  • colour-coding grey body parts
  • adding rear spoiler

Without discouraging you from adding a body kit, IMO 5's already beautiful design suggest a "less is more" approach to mods.

So my advice is to use the 'search' function on this forum and take a look at the results owners have achieved by adding body kits. Try the following brands:
  • ABT
  • Caractere
  • Rieger

As for wheels, that really is a personal choice and you'll get the entire spectrum of opinions here. Again, try the 'search function.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay, are there any US shops, a good majority are european. And I definitly like the idea of coloring the grille. A nice blk may be nice with a blk A5, make the running lights stand out a lot more.

Thanks for the reply

·
Registered
549 Posts
Okay, are there any US shops, a good majority are european. And I definitly like the idea of coloring the grille. A nice blk may be nice with a blk A5, make the running lights stand out a lot more.

Thanks for the reply
I'll leave it to your US compatriots to answer this question, but it will help if you update your profile with your location so people can provide relevant responses.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Is your car an S line? If it isn't I would recommend that instead of an aftermarket bodykit get the S line kit that includes the S5 front bumper, the rear S5 bumper cover with S line rear diffuser, and S5 side panels. Also you might want to do either the gloss black S line grill or the S5 gray grill.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.