Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a garage in the Bay area that might be willing to do a retro-fit of the standard headlights? I bought my A5 from a broker and was not informed that the Bi-Xenon/HED lights were additional options. For a 40-50K car, you would think it would be standard. Anyway, I get really pissed off every time I see the front grill of my car knowing it's missing one of the deciding factors the made me get the A5 in the first place! I found a set of lights on maduadi.com for $1300, but I can't find a garage that would be willing to put them in for me. I am not very mechanically inclined to tackle a job like this and the garages that I have spoken to have suggested that I don't even bother to do this since it will be very detailed and might have to do some body remodification since I was told the housing that I found on maduadi.com is european specs. Does anyone know if this is true? I am even contemplating trading the one I have now for another A5 or S5, but that would going to extremes just for headlights? If anyone has any suggestions, I would gladly welcome them. :wall:

·
Registered
40 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I went to the dealers and they quoted me an ungodlay amount of 4-5K to retrofit the lights!!!!! Talk about a downer. If you have any other suggestions or know of someone who might be willing to ut them in for me in the Bay area or SoCal area, I would gladly pay them to do it for me. I get pissed off every time I see an A5 with the DRLs on knowing mine is missing an integral part of its allure. ANyway, if you have any other suggestins, it would be of great help.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Your lights from MadAudi.com have the LED assembly already, you just need to acquire an either H7, D2S, or D3R-based HID bulb/ballast combination and then wire the ballast and the bi-xenon hi-beam trigger to your existing H7 connector. If you want OEM quality, you can get a set of Philips D2S bulbs/ballasts for around $400. There are many cheaper kits out there, but I wouldn't use them on my car.

One thing is you may not have the auto-leveling function, so your beam height might be stationary.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts