Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to buy A5 2016 from my friend. He lives in Dallas. I need to get the car from Dallas to Chicago with the help of a transport company because there are some problems with the suspension. does anyone know something about car sharing? Which company is better to use, what should be done with the car before shipping? I would be thankful for any advice.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I've only shipped vehicles internationally, so not 100% on internally.
The only internal was from the port to my house.
Hopefully the car drives (you only mention suspension). If it doesn't you'll need someone with winch capabilities.
I suggest you empty the car (so nothing gets stolen).
Let them know it's a sports car - I shipped an SUV. A sports car would have dragged the bumpers getting on/off the trailer.
Take plenty of photos to document any damage etc.

·
Registered
3 Posts
At the moment, there are many online services that help you to deliver a car from one state to another. There are both companies engaged solely in transporting vehicles and online platforms where you can choose a carrier for yourself. Recently I was also worried about this problem. My friend recommended these guys A Step by Step Guide for Shipping a Vehicle Overseas | Ship Vehicles couple of months ago they delivered my A3 from Albuquerque to New York, everything went smoothly

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.