Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to buy those BBS CK rims for my S5. i have two children in the car sometimes. SO, i want 20 x 9.5. my question is the tires. i want a factory look with a tire footprint a little wider than the 9.5 inch rim. Rounded sidewalls is a good way to describe it. rim guy told me 285/30/20. Tirerack recommends 265/30/20. im not a tire expert, so please advise and im sorry about the poor discription. Thank you in advance:cheers:

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
i have two children in the car sometimes. SO, i want 20 x 9.5. my question is the tires. :
I'm confused, what does having two children have to do with wanting 20 x 9.5...
:cheers:

·
Registered
6,346 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
low profile

i live in the states, east coast. pot holes here are a huge threat and very dangerous. and with low profiles and 2 kids, it becomes a concern.

So, 285/30/20 or 265/30/20???? and what is the difference???
Again, thanks in advance

·
Registered
384 Posts
Concerning the pot holes then stick with the stock wheels and tires.

But to answer, 265 or 275 depending on how chunky the tires are.

Michelin Pilot Sport is the absolute best.

·
Registered
20 Posts
If you;re worried about potholes why on earth would you go for 20's? Which is more important: your kids safety (apparently important to you) or vanity?

In addition 20's will weight more, the tires will weigh more which will increase unsprung weight, making the ride poorer.

·
Registered
384 Posts
More importantly I would not have even considered a Coupe when there are two kids riding often.

My 2 cents

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.