Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2011 A5 2.0T CAEB engine.

I came to the conclusion after trying to find an engine to buy to replace mine that ill just rebuild my engine and add a k04 and high flow cat with a tune for about the same amount of money.

I am trying make a parts list and trying to find pistons that are upgraded and having a hard time deciding if I want to buy the new 23mm connecting rods with 23mm pin pistons or just go with the 21mm wrist pin?

Since the K04 and tune would get me alot of extra HP which would be the better choice? 23mm wrist pins?

I cant seem to find any decent brand pistons and rods on ebay, they are all unbranded and dirt cheap. That doesn't give me much confidence.
I mean a ATG Modified Piston & Ring 21mm kit is only $129... Id much rather pay say $300-400 for a well known brand and a few hundred to add rods.
None of these say they have upgraded rings tho.

Anyone else have any luck with these cheap pistons? Im kinda worried since ill be adding more power.

What else do you guys suggest adding besides timing chain and guides, water pump?

Is that all I need with the k04 turbo is a high flow cat and a tune?

I am hoping I can get some good advice from some of you guys!

Ive searched high and low for what pistons people are buying, but no one ever says.

Look at this kit, it has to be garbage at that price?
Engine Rebuild Overhaul Φ23mm Pistons Con rods Gaskets for VW Audi A3 A4 2.0TFSI | eBay

·
Premium Member
2,429 Posts
Hehe we are not all dead Viper!!! I would hazard a guess that we are not really experts when it comes to your questions mate cos you are going well into the inside of the engine. Personally (for instance) I have no experience of choosing a piston BUT I agree with yas, I would only go for a good brand component. Any one help??

·
Registered
19 Posts
I believe Mahle may have a piston/rod combo that is a bigger wrist pin option for our engine. My other thoughts are to see if you can find an OE piston from the cars that took the bigger K04 engine and find out if they would work in the CAEB.

make sure your Rockers are in good shape I have 172,000km on my car. I had a roller flatten, rocker pop off and it took out the exhaust cam. So I’m putting all new valves in, all new rockers, new timing chain etc.. while it’s all apart. Basically doing a big Stage 0 build! Haha.
140E17A6-6433-4905-8F44-EE3AA3672187.jpeg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts