Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
213 Posts
The BEM sticker contains 3 codes. 1st code is battery size, 2nd is the manufacture brand & 3rd is battery serial number. BEM codes normally found on OEM batteries so if fitting a afterment battery have to think outside the box.

I replaced the battery on my 2009 A5 few months ago. It had the same battery as your 110AH but there was 20% ebay sale and the largest battery I could find was Bosch S4 95AH for £74. At thatp rice could not refuse. You should not ideally fit a smaller battery but that was my choice.

You can also code battery via cheaper option OBDeleven like I did.

I pulled these codes from another forum. If you replace battery with identical size then you dont need to change the 8K number. The middle code is not important so most people dont touch it.
Most people just replace last 2 digits from the far right code.

8K0915105D 80AH BEM = 8K0915105D MLA 190723N0A6
8K0915105E 95AH BEM = 8K0915105E MLA 180319JWV0
8K0915105F 110AH BEM = 8K0915105F VA0 390729T0R3

For coding it would be better to find someone local with VCDS/OBDeleven. There are plenty of people advetise on Ebay that offer VCDS coding for £20 each. These are people that paid a lot of money for their VCDS and trying to recover some back :)

Fnally I won't hold breath for 5 year warranty.. many people have mentioned the manufacture just blame poor charing. Longer gurantee normally means better quality battery and will go on many years.. if kept properly charged.

· Registered
213 Posts
What car memory would you loose? I’ve had my battery disconnected several times with no noticeable loss of function.

As for battery coding, that’s your choice. I’ve read threads where owners said they didn’t code the battery and had no issues and other threads where their new battery died inside a year. Coding resets the charging logic.
I think the coding is more important on AGM than lead acid battery. As you know AGM has different charge profile and needs to adjust as the battery gets older.
You may get away without coding with lead acid battery as people have done on early cars. I must point out if you start receiving low battery warning it must be coded as the ECU goes into power saving mode. My car battery dropped to 30% SOC and was contantly getting this message. The error code keeps appearing when scanned and would not clear until I coded the new battery.

But coding the battery is not very expensive. I bought OBDeleven Pro £65 for diagnostic use and used this for coding.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.