Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to know from any US A5/S5 owners with Nav/Sat MMI if the Nav system allows for selection and information entry while you are driving.
I am reading the S5 Owner Manual while waiting for my S5 to be delivered and I have not seen any prohibitions on doing that.

I ask because on my wife's Prius, you cannot change a Nav route or do data entry (e.g. change a destination street address) when you are moving more than 5 MPH. I guess Toyota (or US DOT) thinks Prius Drivers are not skilled enough to do two things at the same time.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Yes you can.

It gives you a warning that doing so while driving is dangerous and then prompts you to accept that you read the message. After accepting the prompt you can proceed....

·
Registered
273 Posts
Yes you can.

It gives you a warning that doing so while driving is dangerous and then prompts you to accept that you read the message. After accepting the prompt you can proceed....
Right. One big change I've noticed as compared to the Nav in my old A4 is that the A4's system included courthouses among the list of special destinations. The S5's doesn't have that category. I'm a lawyer so I really miss it. Has anyone noticed if maybe courthouses are included and hidden somewhere in there under some other category?

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
by the time you have read that warning and accepted it you have crashed into a tree as you were too busy reading.

Seems daft having a warning as that slows the process down and increases the time you are not concentrating. Thankfully we dont get that warning on the UK system.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
by the time you have read that warning and accepted it you have crashed into a tree as you were too busy reading.
How funny ... I thought the exact same thing. :D

·
Registered
1,184 Posts

Seems daft having a warning as that slows the process down and increases the time you are not concentrating. Thankfully we dont get that warning on the UK system.
Well after you know what the warning says after the first time, you don't actually read it. You just hit the MMI button to accept.

I love it....

·
Registered
20 Posts
You mentioned you are reading the manual before you actually have your car. Where do you get the manual, is there a place to download the manual. I have looked, but can't find it online.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This sounds good. Thank you all. I'll practice multi-tasking skills.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
75 Posts
usually all japanese vehicles prohibit you from entering any data while the car is in motion, except for entering your home destination.
european cars aren't as prohibitive..phew!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.