41 - 60 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
hey kingbiring. do you have a guide on how to remove the rear taillights.

i will be updating mine to the facelifts very soon. just waiting for delivery on them from europrice.

if you want more inspirations for mods, check out my pic thread
MY11 A5 Sportback 3.0TDI

B8 2011 A5 Sportback 3.0TDI
Ola Dazzyd,

I just took a few photos for you to show you the overall guide on removal, it is very very simple.

Removal of Outer-lights

Firstly, grab a pick / or a thin screw driver.

A Pick / Thin Screw Driver by Studio 88 Designs | Guv Biring, on Flickr

Direct yourself whereby your amp lives, above left wheel, in boot. Open this compartment.

Left side compartment by Studio 88 Designs | Guv Biring, on Flickr

There is a squared bolt here, this is the only bolt that you need to unscrew. Use a pick, or other thin tool, to unscrew it.

Outer Light Squared Bolt by Studio 88 Designs | Guv Biring, on Flickr

Once completed, the light will fall out with a small push.

Removal of Inner-lights

This is just as simple. Open boot, once in an open state. locate the compartment behind the inner lights. Use a pick to separate the compartment cover.

Inner Lights Compartment by Studio 88 Designs | Guv Biring, on Flickr

There are three screws on the lights, under the compartment you just removed, simply unscrew and remove inner light. Also, with the Facelift Lights from Europrice, they give you new brackets so there is no need to remember what went where.

Inner Lights with Three Squared Bolts by Studio 88 Designs | Guv Biring, on Flickr

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
The rear FL taillights are just awesome :) They really refresh the rear totally! Pre-facelifted A5 + facelifted taillights = perfect combination:D I will do the same mod soon so thanks for the guide.

Oh and I really can't see any "gap" on the pictures with the new taillights... Is it noticeable only from very close ?
No problem, anything to help. :2thumbsup:

As for the gap, if you know it's there it's somewhat easy to see it depending on the angle. However, it is so minute, especially on a black car, it looks like a shadow. If you're under the light, then you can see it at it's worst, 4mm gap?

Overall, this small gap is a very small price to pay for their positive visual effect.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Thanks Kingbiring for the guide. it sure does help. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #46 (Edited)
Just a quick video edit to show the rear LEDs and Milltek Quad setup.
Apologies for the lack of good sound, I had no mic at hand.

MyA5 | Rear View - YouTube

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #47 (Edited)
After doing some research, and a failed attempt myself. I now have a few successful VAG-Com mods with thanks to Ash!

Rear DRLs
Lap Timer on DIS
Enable Lock/Unlock Beeps
100% LED Brightness
Memory seats / saved via key fob
Battery level meter in MMI
Adjustable Ambient Lighting

Adds a nice touch, and its so easy once you know what you're doing and have the right gear.

Ash Contact | http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/members/37455/ash187.html

·
Registered
262 Posts
Hi,
Love the car.
Can you tell me if the S-line bumper is the same as the Sport bumper with just a different diffuser, or is the bumper a completely different profile?

Cheers

Marty

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Hi,
Love the car.
Can you tell me if the S-line bumper is the same as the Sport bumper with just a different diffuser, or is the bumper a completely different profile?

Cheers

Marty
Ola Marty!
The bumper is a completely different profile. I attained a S-Line bumper, with an S-Line diffuser. Subsequently, I put on a Quad exhaust meaning I put on the S5 Rear Diffuser.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Ola Marty!
The bumper is a completely different profile. I attained a S-Line bumper, with an S-Line diffuser. Subsequently, I put on a Quad exhaust meaning I put on the S5 Rear Diffuser.
Thanks for the response.

Shame about that as I don't really want to go through the hassle of getting a different bumper sprayed up to match the car.

Cheers

Marty

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Love what you have done to your car so far, wheels are class what is your tyre set up an have you lowered. Top class.
Thank you!
I have 20" RS5 titanium rotors 9Jx20 ET26 sold by LittleDevil. Car is still on stock spring. So nothing lowered as of yet.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Love what you have done to your car so far, wheels are class what is your tyre set up an have you lowered. Top class.
Thanks for your response,

Just got a black A5 3.0tdi quattro like yourself, am planning to do a few mods. So far I have bought oem side skirts, led number plate lights, I have also bought 20 inch titanuim rotors like yours, I want to but spacers on but I don't want to lower the car not sure what size of tyre to go for 30's or 35'. Could you give me advise on what size of tyre you have went for. Really like your wheel set up i don't think it needs lowered.

Thanks,
Shamrock.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #54 (Edited)
Thanks for your response,

Just got a black A5 3.0tdi quattro like yourself, am planning to do a few mods. So far I have bought oem side skirts, led number plate lights, I have also bought 20 inch titanuim rotors like yours, I want to but spacers on but I don't want to lower the car not sure what size of tyre to go for 30's or 35'. Could you give me advise on what size of tyre you have went for. Really like your wheel set up i don't think it needs lowered.

Thanks,
Shamrock.

Shamrock, nice work, for us Sport owners, the S-Line bodywork really makes a different.

Which type of Rotors have you gone for? Titan? Silver?

In regard to my tyres I went for 35's on my 9Jx20 ET26 Wheels. I do not think you will need spacers for the front.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Thank you!
I have 20" RS5 titanium rotors 9Jx20 ET26 sold by LittleDevil. Car is still on stock spring. So nothing lowered as of yet.
I know its your car but it definitely looks lowered to me. Have you used spacers at all? Are the wheel nut covers needed? Just bought some rotors and didnt even think about the wheel nuts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
I know its your car but it definitely looks lowered to me. Have you used spacers at all? Are the wheel nut covers needed? Just bought some rotors and didnt even think about the wheel nuts
Definitely get some covers, it will look quite strange without. You can grab some from a dealership, or there is whole range on eBay if you want a specific colour. Also, which size and colour Rotors did you get?

Wheel Nut Covers RS5 by Studio 88 Designs | Guv Biring, on Flickr

Lowered? Haha! really it is not!

Stock Springs by Studio 88 Designs | Guv Biring, on Flickr

·
Registered
212 Posts
Definitely get some covers, it will look quite strange without. You can grab some from a dealership, or there is whole range on eBay if you want a specific colour. Also, which size and colour Rotors did you get?

Wheel Nut Covers RS5 by Studio 88 Designs | Guv Biring, on Flickr

Lowered? Haha! really it is not!

Stock Springs by Studio 88 Designs | Guv Biring, on Flickr
I bought some 20" titaniums. The darker ones. Should be with me Tuesday. I'll get some covers ordered. Ride height actually looks good. Do you find the front sits slightly higher? Mine seems to :(

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
I bought some 20" titaniums. The darker ones. Should be with me Tuesday. I'll get some covers ordered. Ride height actually looks good. Do you find the front sits slightly higher? Mine seems to :(
That will look awesome! I look forward to seeing your 20" Titans on the black A5. :thumbsup:

Mine seems to be pretty even in regard to the ride height.

·
Registered
212 Posts
That will look awesome! I look forward to seeing your 20" Titans on the black A5. :thumbsup:

Mine seems to be pretty even in regard to the ride height.
They arrived today so will try and get them on tomorrow if i get home at a decent time :2thumbsup:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Kingbiring thanks again for your response,
I have actually change the wheels from last post, I am now buying 9x20 ET 29 wsp giasone alloys hyper silver. They are a replica to the Rotors and also audi approved. The lady at home has put me of spending good money on rims that will probably end up with a kerb rash. Still don't know what the correct size of tyres to go for I have read so much on this forum about tyres size an still none the wiser any help???

41 - 60 of 97 Posts