Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Upon receiving my vag-com cable yesterday afternoon, I quickly performed the three essential lighting mod via vag-com: fixed the winking LED DRL, full-brightness DRL in parking position and disable the yellow/amber side marker.

Initially I thought by disabling the yellow/amber side marker with give me 50% of what I wanted to achieve if I were to buy E-Code headlights, which is no more yellow when headlights are on at night. Just pure LED and xenon. However, I turned on headlight earlier tonight and stepped out of the car and tried to admire the clean look of the front end, then it hit me: by disabling the side marker, the car lost its wide, aggressive stance when viewing from the front. Because there is nothing lid to to sides of the headlights, it makes the car look a lot narrower. I'm very tempted to turn the yellow amber back on. Just wondering what do fellow members think?

By the way, anyone got a night shot of E-Code with headlight on at night? Does the use-to-be-yellow part lit up at all?

Thanks.

dK

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
No, the side markers on e-codes do not light up at all. There's not even a bulb in that spot. As for whether the lack of amber side markers give the car a narrower stance, I don't think it does.

Attached is a side-by-side comparison of an S5 with e-codes vs. one with US spec headlights. The second photo shows the e-codes at night (albeit without the xenon headlights turned on).

Attachments

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
yep

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.