Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all welcome to my build thread, this has been posed elsewere but probable more people interested on this forum! So ive been thinking about doing a build thread for some time now seen as ive got something a bit different but just never really got around to it, now that ive got a bit of free time I might aswell give it a bash ?

So i bought the car back in april 2016 with a few minor modifications including:
. Milltek exhaust system
. Rieger rear diffuser
. Honeycomb front grill
. REVO Stage 1 remap

Fast forward to early 2017 I began to get accustomed to the power it was producing so I started exploring my options for more power which was of course to supercharge. There were only two supercharger kits that stuck out to me and that was the JHM kit and the TTS kit. After a lot of hours doing my homework I decided the TTS kit was the best option for me as I am from the UK and the cost for getting the JHM kit to the UK with all the import taxes and duty fees was just mental! plus the £ to $ ratio had dramatically dropped due to brexit haha.

So off it went to TTS Performance! :grin2:
What a difference it made, the power from 3.5k to redline was truly brilliant! No longer shying away from a tuned RS3 now never mind S3 :2thumbsup:

And heres how the engine bay looks now.

Got the Audi R8 oil cap, Porsche coolant cap as I think the R8 one looks too bulky on these cars and got the black screen wash cap. Brings the bay to life I think. Just need to sort out that bland steering fluid cap.

So after a while of spirited driving there was one major thing that needed upgrading.....BRAKES! I was shopping around for a while and had my mind set on getting the REVO BBK and then I was browsing through ebay and BAMM! I saw some RS5 brakes front and rear with discs at an unbelievably cheap price so I snapped them up pronto. Maybe not the best set of brakes out there but for the price i paid i couldnt refuse. Think ill upgrade the pads to Ferodo DS2500 once these are shot.

Fast forward again to 2018. I always adored the look of the RS5 so decided to do something about it.
There was three main options to choose from:

1. OEM RS5 front bumper = too much fabrication work
2. rieger RS5 bumper = just looks wrong from every angle pretty much
3. XENONZ-UK bumper = easy fit, looks good and doesn't effect the side stance of the car (front bumper dramatically lower then the rest of car)

So obviously I went with the 3rd and best option in my opinion.

And here she is!

I just love the way it looks now! just need to close the gaps a tiny bit more on the sides somehow, any ideas?

So that's it for now, hope you enjoy! There is probably a few minor mods ive forgotten but ill update here and there when i have the time! any questions Im happy to answer :smile2:

Mods coming soon, soonish lol:
. P3 gauge (just needs fitting)
. Flat bottom steering wheel
. Coilovers (looking at getting Eibach pro street S) anyone have any experience with them?
. Alloy wheel refurbish (desperately needed lol)
. Maybe a few more cosmetic mods to the interior and engine bay

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have same idea of going with TTS, the amount of power it puts is quite spectacular, not your typical SC with +100hp, and even cheaper than most

·
Registered
780 Posts
Nice build :) Car looks mega!

I have the same front bumper and cannot fault it for neither fitment, material quality and price. I have KW DDC coilovers and love the ride but understand the pockets needs to be deep but nevertheless that's my recommendation.

Keep up the good work :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice one! What power is she putting when?
Any issues with heat and the supercharger?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
It made 498whp and 400wtq on last dyno, up from 260whp cant remember original wtq. never got the print out though so ill have to get it done again at some point. Never had a problem with heat although i did have one scare when i noticed coolant dropping steadily with no visible leak and immediately thought HG but thankfully turned out to be a hairline crack on the waterpump which was only present when the engine was hot lol.

I have same idea of going with TTS, the amount of power it puts is quite spectacular, not your typical SC with +100hp, and even cheaper than most
If you do go down that route id recommend doing a good service and do a compression test just to determine the health of the motor and get any potential niggles sorted before hand :thumbsup:

Nice build :) Car looks mega!

I have the same front bumper and cannot fault it for neither fitment, material quality and price. I have KW DDC coilovers and love the ride but understand the pockets needs to be deep but nevertheless that's my recommendation.

Keep up the good work :)
Cheers! yeah its a good bumper for sure, I just have about a 1 maybe 2mm gap where it comes up to the wheel arch, nothing a decent body shop wont be able to sort though. The KW DDC is way out of my price range really haha, Im planning on doing the install myself and the electronic side of the DDC kit would be a living nightmare for me lol. For the amount of driving i do i was thinking of going a bit cheaper ang going with eibach or H&R? just not sure how well the H&Rs would keep up with the salty roads in the north east with them not being stainless steel :confused:

·
Registered
780 Posts
KW still have their INOX line of both V1, V2 an V3. V2 will let you set the damping and the shock body is still stainless steel. Not pricey for what you get IMO.

Regards

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay cool, maybe ill look into it, just depends whether i can get my RS5 rear brakes sold! need more money haha, such an expensive hobby.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Got around to fitting my P3 Multi Gauge the other day, super easy to install and really chuffed with this little mod considering i paid half the price of the RRP :grin2:

Should have the new steering wheel and transmission insert here next week so hopefully i can get to work on that straight away :smile2:

·
Premium Member
2,336 Posts
Blimey she is looking great and with all of those horses to play with I bet that you enjoy yerself!!! Have fun mate!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Blimey she is looking great and with all of those horses to play with I bet that you enjoy yerself!!! Have fun mate!
Cheers pal! Yeah ill be sure to do just that, still plenty of work to do yet though :thumbsup:

·
Registered
7 Posts
If you do go down that route id recommend doing a good service and do a compression test just to determine the health of the motor and get any potential niggles sorted before hand :thumbsup:
that goes without a question :) nice to see your build putting same horsepower as TTS says it should, 600hp is quite impressive. Have you spoke with them about raising boost ? I remember that its limited to 1.0 bar, any info on this from TTS ?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
that goes without a question :) nice to see your build putting same horsepower as TTS says it should, 600hp is quite impressive. Have you spoke with them about raising boost ? I remember that its limited to 1.0 bar, any info on this from TTS ?
I believe the C38 charger is maxed out at 1 bar yes, but im more then happy with the power. There is news of a C38r charger that is compatible with this kit and produces more power but i havent heard much about it or if its even been released yet.

Downpipes seems the way to go to free up a bit more power, but thats a transmission drop jobie.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I believe the C38 charger is maxed out at 1 bar yes, but im more then happy with the power. There is news of a C38r charger that is compatible with this kit and produces more power but i havent heard much about it or if its even been released yet.

Downpipes seems the way to go to free up a bit more power, but thats a transmission drop jobie.
Interesting news about C38r, will definitely have this in mind. 700hp would be perfect, all the M's would go down easily :) Got full Stasis exhaust, fresh K&N filter, fresh NGK spark plugs, just need to decide if I should go with SC or go for R8

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Interesting news about C38r, will definitely have this in mind. 700hp would be perfect, all the M's would go down easily <a href="http://www.a5oc.com/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Smile" >:)</a> Got full Stasis exhaust, fresh K&N filter, fresh NGK spark plugs, just need to decide if I should go with SC or go for R8
I believe a TTS s/c S5 is still a lot quicker then the R8 V8 and the early V10s but obviously you can also supercharge or turbo the R8. TTS have a kit for the R8 V8 that punches out 750hp but is capable of a lot more if the engine is strengthened, all depends what you want and how big your wallet is at the end of the day aha.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Transmission insert arrived yesterday, got around to fitting it today. £25 non-branded from ebay, more than half the price of the 034 motorsport one and no stoop on product quality either ? if anyone is interested in one give me a shout and ill try get you the sellers details.

Out with the OLD!

And in with the NEW!

Was easy enough to fit, about 5 minutes work! Takes a 10mm triple square bit and needs torquing to 20nm. "excuse crappy photo"

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
55 Posts
Transmission insert arrived yesterday, got around to fitting it today. £25 non-branded from ebay, more than half the price of the 034 motorsport one and no stoop on product quality either :thumbsup: if anyone is interested in one give me a shout and ill try get you the sellers details.

Out with the OLD!

And in with the NEW!

Was easy enough to fit, about 5 minutes work! Takes a 10mm triple square bit and needs torquing to 20nm. "excuse crappy photo"

Sorry new to this is there a point of the transmission insert change?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Got around to fitting my P3 Multi Gauge the other day, super easy to install and really chuffed with this little mod considering i paid half the price of the RRP :grin2:

Should have the new steering wheel and transmission insert here next week so hopefully i can get to work on that straight away :smile2:
was about to get this but getting armytrix exhaust and it will be able to show me all that info from the app as it connects to obd2 but you made me buy all those caps lol running low on funds after this post lovely car btw

1 - 20 of 52 Posts