Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
Picked up my s5 6 months back now. New shoes, drop, and tint since the beginning as well. Now looking at exhaust. Seen the posts on GMG, AWE, and Miltek. Has anyone heard of Supersprint? Any feedback? In terms of quality and reliability it seems like Miltek is the way to go compared to GMG and AWE, but from the post it seems like everyone thinks the Miltek is too quiet. Im looking for something quite mean but not obnoxious as well and Im NOT going to install a DP- so does a non-res Miltek catback setup offer what i need?
thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
299 Posts
I love the supersprint myself, but a couple of the guys here emailed and called them and got no reply.

Milltek without DP's is pretty quiet. Looks like you are looking for the sound of the AWE from your post, go look on yuoutube for that souns, you can tell its more aggressive than milltek, but not as annoying as GMG.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks bro. seen just about every youtube vid on aftermarket S5 exhaust. No supersprint though. I like the AWE sound best from what ive heard. Does the engine light come on when installing a DP?

·
Registered
493 Posts
IMO MTM is the best exhaust - sound + good looking. Costs a bit more than the others but fits the car great!

·
Registered
299 Posts
I posted a link to a supersprint exhaust clip, search under my name and you wil lfind it. Its a white S5 in Europe. Also there is a guy on here with a B&B exhaust, they have been around for years and make a lot of exhausts for corvettes. Check that one out too.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
thanks bro. seen just about every youtube vid on aftermarket S5 exhaust. No supersprint though. I like the AWE sound best from what ive heard. Does the engine light come on when installing a DP?
No light omes on when you install downpipes because there are no cats on the S5 stock downpipes, they are resonators. The cats are further up, this is something that AWE confirmed when they were developing the exhaust and downpipes.

If you need any confirmation with regards to which exhaust to go for this quote says it all about AWE...

must say your exhaust kills it mate. I have milltek non resonated but it sounds nothing like yours.
This was after I drove past Harry yesterday.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Also there is a guy on here with a B&B exhaust, they have been around for years and make a lot of exhausts for corvettes.
Yeah, also they originally specialized in Porsche 911's. I really like the look of B&B's exhaust tips a LOT. The sound is quite similar to Milltek.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I think my B&B Exhaust is outstanding. But that said it is not very loud. I must say though that I have not had a lady in the car that complained either so that is a good thing.
Great quality product.

Tonny

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the comments so far. What kind of weight saving are we talking about here with an aftermarket exhaust? Stuff available now seems to be all stainless steel. So how much does stock exhaust plus mid weigh compared to what you guys have now? after all a lot of the performance figures comes from that. Has anyone installed titanium? Do you know where i can find such application?

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Thanks for the comments so far. What kind of weight saving are we talking about here with an aftermarket exhaust? Stuff available now seems to be all stainless steel. So how much does stock exhaust plus mid weigh compared to what you guys have now? after all a lot of the performance figures comes from that. Has anyone installed titanium? Do you know where i can find such application?
Not sure of the exact weight savings but it will be quite a bit (AWE exhaust) as when you compare to stock there are no back boxes on the end and only a small one in the centre. And with the downpipes even more as they are just pipes where as the stock has the resonators as well.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No light omes on when you install downpipes because there are no cats on the S5 stock downpipes, they are resonators. The cats are further up, this is something that AWE confirmed when they were developing the exhaust and downpipes.

If you need any confirmation with regards to which exhaust to go for this quote says it all about AWE...

This was after I drove past Harry yesterday.
Thats prob cuz u hv DPs installed. I would love to install mtm but over my budget. Im jus thinking non-res miltek. Anyone got a sound clip?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Don't forget about Stasis. It looks decent and sounds mean.

My choice for looks is the B&B though.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.