Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
nicko, congrats and welcome to the forum from a frustrated S5 ordered, don't know when the &$^#&# it will arrive. Where are you? When did you order? Please update your profile so we all Know.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nicko, congrats and welcome to the forum from a frustrated S5 ordered, don't know when the &$^#&# it will arrive. Where are you? When did you order? Please update your profile so we all Know.
I lucked out on my S5 order. I went in to look at them at Elk Grove Audi near where i live and inquired about them after looking at Audi dealers in Southern California. They had 2 S5s on order that were sold orders with no buyers, the Phantom Black I'm getting and a Meteor Gray that is coming in supposedly mid may.

From my understanding they placed the orders for these vehicles late december from the order sheet that I looked at when I was deciding between the two.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome - did you go with Lasher or Niello? or?
I went to Lasher, Niello can go kick rocks after trying to sell me a demo S5 with 4k miles for 65k then laughed at me when I said I would pay MSRP minus mileage. Granted my fiance offered them 53k for a car we didn't really want. Asked about ordering one then they said to me, "sure.. 5k over list"

·
Registered
151 Posts
Same. :) Ordered early Feb. No commission number yet or build date. I got decent deals from both (L&N), but chose the person I spent more time with on the whole process (@ Elk Grove).

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Same. :) Ordered early Feb. No commission number yet or build date. I got decent deals from both (L&N), but chose the person I spent more time with on the whole process (@ Elk Grove).
Who are you working with over there? I'm working with Mike. Maybe after you get yours we can go park in random places and make people stare :D

·
Registered
151 Posts
Same again. Im going to be waiting a long time though, I have a feeling. You'll probably be ready to trade yours in on an RS5 by the time I get mine.

·
Registered
45 Posts
nicko - I think your car and mine may be on the same ship. My build week was 8, released for prod 2/6, factory inspected 2/27, port arrived 2/29. I haven't rec'd an update on ship load date but I'm guessing we may be "brothers."

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
nicko - I think your car and mine may be on the same ship. My build week was 8, released for prod 2/6, factory inspected 2/27, port arrived 2/29. I haven't rec'd an update on ship load date but I'm guessing we may be "brothers."
Its my brother from another mother! My car would be the flakey version of yours with all that metallic in the paint. :D

I'm sure its on the same ship, you'll get yours first though because it hits the port down there first.

·
Registered
9 Posts
nicko how were you able to get all the info regarding production week and inspection dated? Is there a website or tele number to call besides the dealor. My dealor has gven me a delivery date of 4/14 but I would love to see something from Audi.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
nicko how were you able to get all the info regarding production week and inspection dated? Is there a website or tele number to call besides the dealor. My dealor has gven me a delivery date of 4/14 but I would love to see something from Audi.
Ask your salesman to pull up the order details for you on his computer and show you the screen. I believe on thier dealer net they can pull up all orders and show you a page with all the details

·
Registered
45 Posts
I just email my salesman and he copies and pastes the screen info for me. Not sure if he's allowed or not... easy process. Demand it if your salesman doesn't want to do it for you.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.