Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my car for two weeks and decided to make the 3 hour drive to Shenandoah National Park in central Virginia yesterday on my day off.

Here are some of the pictures I took...weather was awesome, only about 70F at the highest elevations (it's been in the 90s at home last two weeks)...but very windy in places.

BTW, the 'altimeter' in the Nav system is dead on!

Another note - I saw the first black bear in the park I've ever seen...shot him from the road from inside the car. Got a couple of shots in before a group of group of Honda Gold Wings showed up and scared him off.

This came seconds after a very nice female park officer stopped me and gave me a warning after going 44 in a 25 zone...I told her it was new and I wasn't quite used to it (and boy that's the truth).

My first "brush with the law" in my new car....I'm sure there will be more.

She left me with the comment 'Nice ride!'

;-)

Attachments

·
Registered
479 Posts
Great pics!!:D

·
Registered
821 Posts
Superb pics, well thought out, Lovely Car and as for the bear :D

·
Registered
536 Posts
WOW wish I had somewhere like that to drive! Great pics, thanks for sharing.

Oh forgot to mention, Lovely car!!! Congrats :p
You live in the UK... I am sure that there are tons of beautiful places to drive that are only a few hours away from you, like Whales, Scottland and the Isle of Man.

As for the thread starter, those are some beautiful pictures you took.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I didn't even notice the bear pic until now... That must have been an amazing site to see! The bear looks really young though, did you notice his mom around? If not, I hope he is old enough to survive on his own. I always wanted to rescue a doe or baby cub that's been abondoned, although that bear doesn't look young enough for him to be unable to survive on his own.

Also, what do you mean by the 'altimeter' in the MMI? I was unaware of that feature or anything like it.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Also, I am surprised to hear that you had a relativly good expierience with a park ranger. I remember last month, I was driving an orange Murcielago with straight pipes through seven lakes park in NY. I had to use the restroom, so I parked at this rest area and ran to the bathroom, leaving the car on cuz it was super hot outside and my buddy was in it. When I came out of the bathroom, this park office cleark all of the sudden started to scream at me at the top of her lungs. She told me to "get my gass guzzling, terrorist supporting car out of the parking lot immediatly before she called the cops on me.". After I decided to piss her off by walking real slowly towards the car, she started saying thing like " get a life you stupid idiot.. This is a place of business, and what kind of an idiot brings a car like that to a nice park.". I tried to calmly explain to her that the car was 100% road leagel, and as such I had every right to park there and enjoy the bathroom as anyone else. She didn't listen and said that I ever bring that "obnoxtious ego inflater car" back to that rest area, she would "call the cops and make sure I get arrested, and have the car towed.". At this point it was clear that she had serious issues and was very jealous, so I just left, but before I did, I revved the car a few times and gave her a lovely hand jesture, so she started to write down the plate number as I sped off, which she never did anything about, and it wasn't my car anyways. I guess not all park empoyees are like that, although I was dumbfounded at the totally unprofessional manner she expressed herself in, especially since I wasn't doing anything wrong or illegal in the least. Oh well, once I get the GMG exhaust on my incoming S5, I matt decide to giver her a little visit, LOL. On another note, other than her, driving through seven lakes park was an amazing expierience and I highly recomend going there to any S5/A5 owner that lives around NYC.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the kind comments.

My car has magma interior. I really need to prepare my sig file.

As for the 'altimeter'...its part of the Navigation system...it will display elevation if you turn that option on...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Great pics. Your car looks sweet in that setting and makes me miss the Southeast. Cool that the nav has an altimeter. I have a portable trail Garmin in my jeep that has altitude and it is fun to have.

I am on the fence between meteor and daytona and seeing how nice meteor looks in the sun is making me lean that way. Still have not seen IRL yet though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.