Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading some posts regading the B&O with mmi not functioning properly, i checked mine out only to find that the woofer was not really working as it should and make a rattling sound. The S5 is now at my dealership, i hope they fix the problem as now i can hear the rattle and distortion inside the car.

Anyone else having the same issue? and anyone had there problem sorted.

I WANT A REAL B&O SYSTEM!!!

·
Registered
536 Posts
I heard that Audi finally got the B&O system right with the new A4, but they should have gotten it right when it came out on the A5/R8, especially after the amazing job they did with the A8. I heard from a member who had a new B&O subwoffer installed, when the tech was setting up the new sub, his computer gave him the option to raise of lower the power to the sub, an option not found on the MMI, so hopefully that will be able to fix it. I do hope that the fixed the sub issues on the S5 for 2009, as mine is finally hitting the dealer later today. I will test out the system when I see it in a few hours, and then report back here, hopefully with good news. It would really be stupid for Audi to fix the sub problem for the new A4, and not on the A5 and R8, but you never know with Audi...

·
Registered
384 Posts
My system is running fine. I'm sure the dealer will have it fixed; not to worry.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Try to listen to your own CDs on your car and another (2009) S5 with B&O. I did this and there was an amazing difference (very bad versus ok) and they replaced sub and amp and now mine is ok too (7,5 on a scale of 10, the Bose in my previous S4 scored 8 and the AM Premium Alpine system scores 9, not bad for a factory system).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.