Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Gang,
Rather than copy and past please excuse me if I provide a link to my blog, if you wanna see some (very slow) progress I am making with the old B6. WHAT a lovely car, but as it is UK registered I have to be super careful cos the local police forces wanna make sure that there are no tourists bringing us the lovely virus.....ho hum.

One or two more jobs now done and the old girl starts to feel better….updated!

She still needs plenty of TLC, for sure!!!!

Simon

Attachments

Reactions: MrFergus

·
Premium Member
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Restricted mate, my plans for the old girl are very limited and consist mainly of just trying to get her back in good shape, to be honest. Today I finally got her up onto a ramp and my indi man swopped the ECU thingy and finally the fans seem to behave again, as they should. So I will head on step by step, to make her look and drive as she should.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Restricted mate, my plans for the old girl are very limited and consist mainly of just trying to get her back in good shape, to be honest. Today I finally got her up onto a ramp and my indi man swopped the ECU thingy and finally the fans seem to behave again, as they should. So I will head on step by step, to make her look and drive as she should.
one step at a time..... she’ll be right in the end

·
Premium Member
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hehe thanks Restricted!!

Well this is crazy, listen up:

When we finally got the S4 up onto a ramp this week and started to look for the component to change, we found TWO!!! One was inside the front bumper, and we could see another inside the engine compartment, looking up at us! So er which one shall we change, he asked me??? Mmmmmm good question, lets swap the easiest of the two to get to, and see what happens. So he did and the fans seem to be behaving again, phew. I shall post a couple of pics too, to show you some progress AT LAST! See this link:

My Blog

·
Registered
405 Posts
Simon, I see your newly refurbed alloys fitted in your blog photos...looking good mate. Once you finish that will be a fantastic motor. Keep us updated with your slow but sure progress 👍

·
Premium Member
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Fergus mate very kind words of encouragement!!! Slowly slowly catches the old girl.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts