Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Finally took delivery of my S5 on Thusday night! These past 3 months of waiting have been awful, but the past day alone has made it all more than worth it. I've been so occupied with learning how to use all of the cars features that this is the first chance I've had to post. I'll try and get some pictures up asap. Couldn't be happier with my choice. The car is RIDICULOUS!

·
Registered
953 Posts
Congratulations mate. I absolutely love my S5 too.

Personally, I don't think the car invites ridicule, but as I am not "down with the kids" I may have misinterpreted your use of the vernacular. :D

·
Registered
57 Posts

Personally, I don't think the car invites ridicule, but as I am not "down with the kids" I may have misinterpreted your use of the vernacular. :D
Urban Dictionary definition........1. RIDICULOUS 91 up, 45 down
"rye-dik-you-luz"
Originally said by rapper Blasfemus, this pronounciation of the word ridiculous describes something that is at the top level of greatness, insanity, or beauty.

Congrats on the car S+S...... It was a long 3 months for me as well, but having a blast with it now.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Congrats on your new S5. You will find after a while all the controls and gadgets become second nature.

It means the car is BAD, which means good.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Cool (as in really good) :D

Would love to see some pics. I should be taking delivery of my A5 in 3 weeks. It should be arrive to the dealer this week

I got it in Meteor Grey, S-line, with an S5 grille (i think that the meteor grey needs to be offset by the chrome of the S5 grille to stop it looking it so dull. On the other hand if i had a silver S5 i'd put the A5 grille on it) with black interior too so my car should look similar...

Pics !!! :D

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pics!

Nice definition of ridiculous Siggy, couldn't have said it better myself ;) I finally had a chance to do a mini-photo shoot, so I've attached some of the pics. Hope to do some more scenic stuff in the not too distant future. Next up is to order some Hoen H11 xenonmatch lights to replace the stock fogs. Enjoy!

Attachments

·
Registered
371 Posts
Nice definition of ridiculous Siggy, couldn't have said it better myself ;) I finally had a chance to do a mini-photo shoot, so I've attached some of the pics. Hope to do some more scenic stuff in the not too distant future. Next up is to order some Hoen H11 xenonmatch lights to replace the stock fogs. Enjoy!
Also I might recommend removing the stock front U.S. plate holder and ordering a filler plate to clean up the front.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Also I might recommend removing the stock front U.S. plate holder and ordering a filler plate to clean up the front.
I'd love to replace the front plate holder with a filler panel, but a front plate is a California requirement :(

·
Registered
483 Posts
Very nice! I never get tired of looking at this car :) ... OP, did you swap the stock Dunlops with the Pirelli's?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Very nice! I never get tired of looking at this car :) ... OP, did you swap the stock Dunlops with the Pirelli's?
No, the Pirelli's came with the car as stock. I'm not sure if this is a recent thing for the '09's, or I just lucky because they ran out of Dunlops in Ingolstadt :) No complaints here though, they look create and ride nice!

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
No, the Pirelli's came with the car as stock. I'm not sure if this is a recent thing for the '09's, or I just lucky because they ran out of Dunlop's in Ingolstadt :) No complaints here though, they look create and ride nice!
My '09 US spec S5 came with Dunlops, so perhaps this is a recent change... or as you said, maybe Ingolstadt ran out of Dunlops. :D

BTW, does your car have Alcantara on the door inserts too? This question was raised in another thread. So, it'd be nice to get confirmation on that question.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
I'd love to replace the front plate holder with a filler panel, but a front plate is a California requirement :(
*gasp!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My '09 US spec S5 came with Dunlops, so perhaps this is a recent change... or as you said, maybe Ingolstadt ran out of Dunlops. :D

BTW, does your car have Alcantara on the door inserts too? This question was raised in another thread. So, it'd be nice to get confirmation on that question.
The doors do not have Alcantara inserts. The door panel has padding with a similar texture/grain as the dash, although it's softer. I'll cross post in the other thread, thanks for the heads up.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
The doors do not have Alcantara inserts. The door panel has padding with a similar texture/grain as the dash, although it's softer. I'll cross post in the other thread, thanks for the heads up.
Car is amazing.

Thanks for the picture of your car's doors with the Alcantara pkg.

Baffling that on all the other seat insert options, whether two-tone leather or Alcantara perforated on the S-line A5, the doors got the same insert except for the S5 Blk Alcantara. Verifies the AudiUSA.com picture in the microsite. Looks good regardless.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Looks good, that is a great color.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Required here in utah too. But they never inforce it.

I have been told that to pull you over (at least in Utah) they must have another reason first like speeding, and can't just pull you over for no front plates.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Nice, I like the alcantra.I think alcantra only available in black.I tried to order with pearl silver but they don`t have it.Well,Have fun my friend!!

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I think alcantra only available in black.I tried to order with pearl silver but they don`t have it.
Actually, you CAN order Alcantara seats in a color other than black. Forum member TonnyG ordered his US spec S5 with a black leather and pearl silver Alcantara combo. (See photos here.)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts